Deadline: December 31, 2015 | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Finalist Pitch Days: January 7, February 4, and April 7, 2016
Incubation starts: June, 2016
Prize: $50,000 equity-free,cash grants and pro bono support services
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
The Arch Grants Global Startup Competition is an international competition that awards $50,000 equity-free, cash grants and pro-bono support services to the most innovative and scalable startups that are willing to locate their business in St. Louis, Missouri.
Arch Grants seek to attract entrepreneurs who are already located in St. Louis or are willing to relocate here. Basing your business in St. Louis is a prerequisite for receiving the grant and all of our current entrepreneurs are investing their time in making the St. Louis startup scene even stronger. The industry-agnostic Global Startup Competition is held twice per year, with grant disbursement occurring once in the spring and once in the fall. Arch Grants seeks to fund innovative technologies, products, and services wrapped within scalable business.
They are after for innovative, high growth, early stage ventures with national or international impact potential. They are not looking for lifestyle businesses or consulting businesses. Winning companies must be in St. Louis or be willing to move their headquarters to St. Louis models with the potential for national or international impact.
- Executive Summary (800 words or less)
- Slide Deck (11 slides or less)
- Business Plan*
* Note that although the Video, Business Plan, and References are optional in the first round of the competition, all applicants must submit these deliverables if they are selected to be finalists. If you are selected to be a finalist, you will have just one week to submit these deliverables, so it is important to plan ahead.
- Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- At least one founder must be able to work full-time on the business.
- Must be able to locate the business in St. Louis for a period of at least one year.
- $50,000 non-dilutive, cash grant
- Pro-bono services in the following areas: accounting, legal, marketing and design, communication, financial consulting, banking consulting and services, information technology consulting and web hosting, human resources, and payroll services
- Access to venture capital and angel investment networks
- Professional and high level business mentorship
- Personal introductions to strategic business leaders
- Social support and community integration services
- Inclusion as part of a community of innovative entrepreneurs