Deadline: January 15, 2016 | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Dates: February 17-18, 2016
Location: United Nations Headquarters, New York City
Join hundreds of youth changemakers from around the world explore the important role of youth in the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Don’t miss out the opportunity to engage with UN high officials and staff, and leaders and professionals from the private sector and civil society.
If you are a young leader or professional, between 16-28 years old and you are interested in global development issues, then apply now before the registration ends on January 15, 2016.
The Youth Assembly at the United Nations (YA@UN) is a unique platform created to foster dialogue and to generate partnerships between exceptional youth, UN high officials and staff, private sector, and civil society.
Agenda: Transforming Our World: The Role of Youth in the Implementation of the SDGs
Platform: Plenary sessions, Workshops, Round table Discussions, Networking, New Social Venture Competitions, MDG Related Skills Building and Campaign Introductions
Leadership: Renowned speakers and expert workshop facilitators; U.N. Staff participation at sessions; Young leaders like yourself from around the world; Intergenerational Leadership Exchanges
The goals of the Youth Assembly at the United Nations are to:
- Provide access to and information about the work, successes and current challenges of the United Nations;
- Promote increased youth participation in UN programs, agencies and NGO affiliates;
- Strengthen the role of youth in implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Connect committed youth with opportunities, mentors, colleagues, and new associates;
- Recognize the artistic and diplomatic efforts of young people already involved in development and humanitarian initiatives; and
- Promote renewal of a commitment to serve and respect this most important international institution.
- To learn about the United Nations
- To become involved in the success of the UN’s Post-2015 Agenda for Development
- To hear great speakers and workshop leaders
- To voice your opinions on the urgent issues of today and help make a permanent impact throughout the world and
- To meet other dedicated young people from all over the world
Be Knowledgeable! Be there!
- Youth Leaders and those who wish to become leaders, ages 16-24+
- Advanced Youth Leaders and Young Professionals engaged in the United Nations or MDG studies, internship, fellowships or early work stages, ages 18-28+
- Applicants under 16 years old are NOT eligible and will not be accepted.
The upcoming assembly is being organized by Friendship Ambassadors Foundation, through the lead endorsement of the Permanent Mission of the Republic of Serbia to the UN and the Permanent Mission of the Kingdom of Thailand to the UN.
For more information, please visit the official website.