Are you a change-maker looking for funding, mentoring or support to pursue your studies, your research paper or a project? Are you a current student or a recent graduate?
In case you are, then take a look at the list of fully-funded fellowships offering educational opportunities and a boost for your career.
Fully-funded fellowships to accelerate your career in 2022
Deadline: March 24, 2022 | Apply here
Eligibility: young leaders between 17-24 who are working on storytelling projects at the intersection of gender equity and climate change or environmental justice
Successful applicants receive a $5,000 stipend and participate in a year-long virtual program consisting of professional development, creative enrichment and practical support in the production of a narrative project which Fellows complete as part of the program.
Deadline: March 31, 2022 | Apply here
Eligibility: journalists from Central and South-Eastern Europe who have an idea for a story that needs dedicated on-the-ground reporting, in-depth research, generous funding and sustained editorial attention to do it justice
The Fellowship provides:
- a bursary of €3,000
- the chance to improve your reporting skills by working in close collaboration with world-class editors
- ongoing mentoring and support from BIRN’s leading regional journalistic network, present in 14 countries of the Central and SEE region
- the opportunity to participate in an introductory seminar focused on reporting and storytelling techniques
- the chance to win additional awards worth between 1.000 and 3.000 euros for the best three stories
- worldwide publication of reports in local languages and English through our network of media partners
- membership of the Fellowship alumni network, designed to support networking between fellows who have participated in the programme since 2007
Deadline: March 31, 2022 | Apply here
Eligibility: graduates and post graduates from any of the diverse streams: Engineering, Applied and Pure Science, Commerce, Management, Humanities and Liberal Arts, Social Work, Psychology and Behavioural Science, Mathematics, Journalism and Mass Communication, Education, Law etc. not older than 26 years old
Gandhi Fellowship provides:
- a stipend of Rs 14,000 (taxable)
- a fixed monthly phone allowance of Rs 600 (taxable)
- rent-free accommodation
- transport and other allowances as applicable based on the need to support the fruition of ideas of the fellows post-fellowship
- Basic monthly sustenance of Rs 7000 (pre-tax) and
- Interest-free reserve amount of Rs 1,61,000 cumulated from the remaining Rs 7000
Graduate Fellows receive a $350 per week living stipend. Participants living further than 300 miles from Great Barrington, MA will be reimbursed for travel up to $1000.
Housing is provided in the AIER manor or cottages right on campus, close to the beautiful town of Great Barrington. Lunch is provided for AIER staff, fellows, and interns every workday.
Deadline: April 15, 2022 | Apply here
Eligibility: the fellowship is offered to women scientists from science- and technology-lagging countries (STLCs) to undertake PhD research in the natural, engineering and information technology sciences at a host institute in another developing country in the Global South
The OWSD fellowship covers:
- A monthly allowance to cover basic living expenses such as accommodation and meals while in the host country
- A modest annual support allowance to be used at the student’s discretion to support their research environment
- A return ticket from the home country to the host institute for the agreed research period
- Visa expenses
- Annual medical insurance contribution
- The opportunity to attend regional science communications workshops, on a competitive basis
- Study fees (including tuition and registration fees) in agreement with the chosen host institute which is also expected to contribute
Deadline: April 22, 2022 | Apply here
Eligibility: applicants must be enrolled into a full-time PhD in Computer Science or related areas at a university in Africa; applicants for the 2022 Fellowship must have started their program on or after 1-Jan-2022; students must remain enrolled in the PhD program for the duration of the Fellowship or forfeit the award
The fellowship offers:
- Up to 3 year Fellowship
- US $30K to cover stipend and other research related activities, travel expenses including overseas travel
- Google Research Mentor
Deadline: May 15, 2022 | Apply here
Eligibility: candidates must have a bachelor’s degree and at least three years of full-time relevant experience in peace or development work
Each year, Rotary awards up to 130 fully funded fellowships for dedicated leaders from around the world to study at one of the Rotary peace centers. The fellowships cover tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and internship and field-study expenses.
Application opens: March 15, 2022 | Apply here
Eligibility: graduates with initial leadership experience holding Brazilian, Chinese, Indian, Russian, South African or American citizenship
The fellowship covers:
- a monthly fellowship grant of 2,170 euros, 2,470 euros or 2,770 euros – depending on your training and career level
- an intensive language course before you begin your fellowship and funding for German courses during your fellowship
- individual support during your stay in Germany
- additional financial support, e.g. for accompanying family members, for travel expenses, for full private health insurance or for an additional German language course
- joint events where you experience professional and personal intercultural exchange with other fellows from your year group and gain insights into German culture and society,
- networking activities that enable you to collaborate in peer groups and independently organise smaller network formats with other fellows,
- a two-week study tour through Germany as well as a number of events where you can connect with other fellows and meet representatives of German businesses and institutions
- extensive alumni sponsorship, in particular to support long-term connections with your cooperation partners in Germany over the duration of your entire professional career
The application opens on July 15, 2022
Deadline: September 15, 2022
Eligibility: you must hold a Ph.D. or equivalent degree in chemistry, computer science, Earth system science, economics, mathematics, neuroscience, physics, or a related field; candidates must be members of the faculty of a college, university, or other degree-granting institution in the U.S. or Canada; candidates must be tenure-track, though untenured, as of September 15 of the nomination year; candidate’s faculty position must carry a regular teaching obligation
The Fellowship amount is $75,000. The funds may be used by the fellow for any expense judged supportive of the fellow’s research including staffing, professional travel, lab expenses, equipment, or summer salary support.
The application will open in summer 2022
Eligibility: all applicants must propose a project focusing on the political, social, economic, legal or cultural aspects of democratic development; be mid-career professionals or possess a doctorate
Loation: Washington, D.C., the United States
Each fellow receives a monthly stipend for living expenses, plus basic health insurance and roundtrip travel to and from Washington, D.C., at the beginning and end of the fellowship period.
Fellowship payments are calculated to cover cost of a short-term, furnished rental apartment, plus “cost of living” for food, local transportation, and other necessities. Fellows are provided with a fully equipped office, plus a limited budget for long-distance phone calls and professional travel within the United States.
11. Bush Fellowship
The application opens on September 1, 2022
Deadline: September 29, 2022
Eligibility: candidates must be at least 24 years old at the time of the application deadline; residents who currently live in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota or one of the 23 Native nations within that same geography, and has lived there for one continuous year immediately before applying
The Fellowship is a flexible grant of up to $100,000 to help you strengthen and develop your leadership. As a Fellow, you define your own vision and create a unique Fellowship plan to learn the skills and build the relationships that will help you make your vision a reality.
Are you planning to apply for one of these fully-funded fellowships? Which one will be your pick? Let us know in the comments!