Deadline: February 20, 2016 | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Date: March 22, 2016
Eligibility: Startups can be from any country in the world
Prize: $300,000 in funding
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
G-Startup Worldwide is a global startup competition held around the world to find the most creative and innovative, early stage startups, investing $1,000,000 in them, supporting them with a global network and enabling them to change the world.
G-Startup Worldwide will be hosted at each Global Mobile Internet Conference (GMIC) in 2016 including Tel Aviv, Beijing, Tokyo, Jakarta, Bangalore, Taipei and San Francisco. In 2016, G-Startup Worldwide will invest $1 million into 18 companies from around the world. The winners will gain access to the exclusive G-Network – their private network for global tech executives.
GMIC is organized each year by GWC. GWC enables technology innovation that positively impacts mankind by building connections and trust among mobile industry leaders and innovators globally. GMIC hosts mobile executives, entrepreneurs, developers, and investors from around the globe and across platforms to build partnerships, to learn from industry thought leaders, to better understand mobile technology trends, and to shed light on how mobile is positively changing the world.
The winner of G-Startup Tel Aviv will receive a $50,000 investment prize and the second place winner will receive a $20,000 investment prize. The winner will also receive a free trip to Silicon Valley to compete to become the 2016 G-Startup Worldwide Global Winner. The second place winner overall will receive an additional $120,000 winner and the Global Winner will receive an additional $250,000 investment.
- Funding: Raised a seed round but less than $1.5 million
- Industry: Mobile, IoT, wearables, VR, Drones, Robotics, Education, Health, Cloud, Social and Commerce
- Mission: Preference given to startups with innovative products that have a chance to make a positive impact on the world
- Geography: Startups can be from any country in the world
Global Final Competition
- Grand Prize Winner (1) receives: Additional $250k investment ($300k total)
- Overall 2nd Place Winner receives: Additional $120k investment ($170k total)
Regional Competition (G-Startup Tel-Aviv)
G-Startup Tel Aviv Winner receives:
- $50k investment prizes
- 1 Year G-Network Membership
- Opportunity to pitch your startup in the G-Startup Worldwide finals
in Silicon Valley
- Complimentary trip to Silicon Valley (up to $1000 flight + 3 nights hotel)
- VIP Ticket to GMIC SV
- Demo booth at GMIC SV
G-Startup Tel Aviv 2nd Place Winner receives
- $20k investment prizes
- 1 Year G-Network Membership
G-startup Tel Aviv Top 10 competitors receive
- Opportunity to pitch on stage at GMIC Tel Aviv
- Complimentary demo booth at a GMIC Tel Aviv
- Complimentary GMIC Tel Aviv passes