Deadline: 17:00 CET on April 15, 2016 | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Dates: September 19-22, 2016
Prizes: A fully sponsored trip to Schneider Electric office in two countries and a full-time employment opportunity
Eligibility: Business and engineering students worldwide, 18 years of age or older, pursuing a bachelor’s (at least 2nd year), master’s or MBA degree are eligible to compete
Location: Paris, France
Go Green in the City – the ultimate global student competition for sustainable energy solutions – has returned in 2016 with their 6th annual Go Green in the City global business case challenge.
In teams of two, students from all over the world are invited to enter the competition and share their innovative solutions to real world business challenges within energy management. Enter now to learn, engage, create, and make a real change in the world!
Compete for a chance to revolutionize energy management and gain unique insight into one of the leading global energy management companies. Select from one of 5 real-life business case challenges within energy management, and submit your solution idea for a chance to win.
The 12 finalist teams will be invited to travel to Paris in September 2016 where they will present their ideas to a prominent jury, competing for a trip around the world and a career opportunity at Schneider Electric*.
- Fill out your profile
- Form a team
- Submit your solution
- Business and engineering** students pursuing their bachelor’s (at least 2nd year), master’s, or MBA degree are eligible to compete.
- Go Green in the City 2016 is open to two-member teams with at least one female member (note: both members must comply with the degree requirements stated above).
- Both of the team members must study in the same country for the duration of the competition. They are not, however, required to be from the same university, nor are they required to study the same subject or be in the same year, as long as they are not in their first year of their undergraduate education.
- English language competency is required.
- Teams from all over the world are welcome to compete.
- No exceptions can be made regarding the terms of the eligibility requirements.
The opportunity of a life-time – travel the world AND get an employment offer with Schneider Electric*!
Go Green in the City provides you the opportunity to not only learn about Schneider Electric, but also to experience our work culture firsthand.
Experience the life of a Schneider Electric employee during the final event in Paris at the Schneider Electric headquarters, which is affectionately referred to as “Le Hive”. As a semi-finalist, use this opportunity to interact and start building your network with our business leaders and employee mentors.
Members of the winning team will receive an opportunity to work with Schneider Electric and also win a world tour* as they visit Schneider Electric offices in two different countries.
A few of the many highlights of the trip involve: interacting with Schneider Electric business leaders and employees; learning from these professionals and using their expertise to map out the perfect career plan; and spending memorable time exploring the destination cities.
Finalists will receive a digital certificate for winning the semi-finals for their region and also a memento from the Go Green in the City final competition. All finalists are invited to the final event in Paris; all travel and accommodation expenses will be covered by Schneider Electric.
Semi-finalists will receive a digital certificate for their accomplishment in the challenge. They will also get an opportunity to work with a mentor from Schneider Electric and a chance to complete a digital interview. All participants will receive a digital certificate of participation sent to the email address used for registration.
Go Green in the City’s mentorship phase, for competitors who advance to the semi-finals, is not only a unique opportunity to benefit from the expertise of Schneider Electric employees but also to gain insight into our corporate culture and extend your professional network.
* The winner can choose to visit Schneider Electric offices in two countries. The specifics of the offered position will match the requirements of Schneider Electric.
** All branches of engineering and business programs are accepted.