Deadline: December 18, 2015 | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Cost: Teams will be responsible for covering their travel costs
Prize: US$ 1 million in seed funding
Dates: March 11-12, 2016
Locations: Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, Shanghai and on-line
Win $1,000,000 to fund your startup.
The Hult Prize is a start-up accelerator for social entrepreneurs, and it gathers and encourages the brightest entrepreneurial minds from around the globe to solve the world’s most pressing issues and biggest challenges with innovative ideas for sustainable start-up enterprises. The annual initiative is the largest crowdsourcing platform for social good in the world and one of the leading forces for good in the planet. The Annual Hult Prize winners can make their ideas become reality with the help of USD1 million in seed funding. Through crowdsourcing, training, mentorship and funding, the Hult Prize seeks to build and launch the next wave of social entrepreneurs.
Participants compete in local events organized on campuses around the world or apply online to participate in the regional finals which are held in five international cities around the world, including: Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, Shanghai and on-line. Winning start-ups from each city will move onto the Hult Prize Accelerator for the summer before attending the President Bill Clinton hosted global finals, which takes place each September at the Clinton Global Initiative annual meeting in New York. Collectively, more than ten thousand students, representing more than 150 countries around the world participate in the Hult Prize and spend over 2 million hours on solving the world’s most pressing issues.
- Regional Competition: College and university students are encouraged to compete in one of five global regional rounds of competition. Teams of 3-4 students are charged with developing ideas for social enterprises that can conquer modern day’s most solvable global challenges. A local round may also be happening on your campus.
- Hult Accelerator: During the months of July and August, the Hult Prize’s six regional finalist teams will attend the Hult Prize Accelerator, a six-week program of intensive entrepreneurial seminars hosted by Hult International Business School.
- Global Finals: Following the conclusion of your time working in the Hult Accelerator in July and August, each of the six winning teams will attend CGI’s annual meeting in September. Within the agenda, President Clinton will host the Hult Prize Global Finals. At this point, the teams will pitch their ideas in front of a world-class audience, where President Clinton, along with CGI Meeting attendees will select and award the winning team with a USD1 million prize.
- Implementation: The Hult Prize Global Champion will immediately work to launch their new social enterprise. Continued support, mentorship and advisory will be provided by the Hult Prize Accelerator and its partners, as the winning student team moves forward with the implementation of their idea via their start-up.
Eligibility: Students past or present from any college or university in the world are invited to form teams of 3-4. There are only two conditions:
– All participants must have a connection with the same school
– A maximum of one alumnus who cannot also be a faculty member of the school
Students will be responsible for any travel costs associated with competing in the regional round of competition. Hult Prize will meet the travel costs of teams attending either the Hult Prize Accelerator or Global Finals.
“If you can create a real business, the beginning of a prototype, you can change the world.”
– Muhammad Yunus, Nobel Peace Prize Winner