Deadline: June 10, 2016 | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Prizes: Gold, Silver and Bronze Lovie Award winners will receive a customised, engraved statuette to promote their achievements
Eligibility: The work entered must have been created for the European audience, regardless of the entrant’s location
Location: London, United Kingdom
The mission of The Lovie Awards is to recognise the unique and resonant nature of the European Internet community – from Europe’s top web and creative networks and content publishers, to cultural and political organisations and individual creators.
Lovie Awards 2016
The Lovie Awards is the most prestigious & the only, truly pan-European awards honouring online excellence.
Now in its sixth year, The Lovie Awards continues to celebrate the most resonant and pertinent stories in Europe, those inside and outside of the prevailing trends.
The Awards reflect the tremendous growth of the Internet as a tool for business and everyday lives. This year, they are expanding the mission by adding to the Judging Academy across the region, increasing the range of categories in Websites, Online Advertising, Internet Video, Mobile & Apps, and Social, and accepting work in seven native languages. The Lovie Awards presents Gold, Silver and Bronze winners as chosen by members of the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences (IADAS). In addition, the online public vote for their favourite Finalists to take home The People’s Lovie Award in each category.
- The Lovie Awards is the European sister to the international Webby Awards.
- It is the only pan-European award recognising online excellence, in seven native languages.
- The 5th Annual Lovie Awards received nearly 1500 entries from over 30 European countries.
Lovie Winners are selected by The International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences, a global organisation of industry experts and technology innovators. The online public also chooses The People’s Lovie Award Winners by casting ballots for their favourite Finalists during the annual voting period.
Winners are selected for recognition based on “overall experience,” as well as excellence in the following areas:
- Websites and Mobile Sites & Apps: Content, Structure & Navigation, Visual Design, Overall Experience, Functionality and Interactivity
- Online Advertising: Creativity, Overall Experience, and Integration
- Internet Video: Concept & Writing, Overall Experience, Quality of Craft and Integration
- Social: Content, Creativity, Overall Experience, and Engagement
On the fence? Don’t be. Here are 8 reasons you should enter The Lovie Awards.
- Have Your Work Seen by the Best
Lovie Winners are selected by an expert community of artists, innovators, and creators spanning all facets of digital culture. When you enter The Lovies, your work is seen by European members of the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences (IADAS). Judges include Stephen Fry, Imogen Heap,Dan Howell (Vlogger, danisnotonfire), Vic Hayes (“Father of WiFi”), Robin Chase (Founder, Buzzcar), Iain Tait (ECD, Wieden+Kennedy London), Eric Wahlforss (Co-Founder, Soundcloud), Corinne Vigreux (Co-Founder, TomTom), fashion designer Henry Holland and so many more.
- Celebrate Your Team
Just by entering, you honour the hard work and dedication of your whole team — and yourself. Show them how much you value their hard work.
- Mix and Mingle
The Lovie Awards is the only pan-European Award to recognise the entire breadth of the Internet. As the Internet grows, so does the incredible amount of technology, content, and experiences that deserve to be honoured. Europe’s best and brightest gather each year to attend The Lovie Awards. Be among them.
- Raise the Bar
Winning a Lovie sets you and your work apart. Shine in front of your clients, colleagues and peers. With over 45 million media impressions received by such global outlets as Creative Review, Huffington Post, BBC, The Sunday Timesand The Next Web, the publicity and recognition The Lovie Awards generates for its winners is immeasurable and makes the world aware of your great work.
- Dominate the Social Internet
In the spirit of the open Web, all Lovie Finalists also compete for public votes to win The People’s Lovie Award in their category. Participating in the People’s Lovie builds community and exposes your project to a huge number of voters worldwide.
- Declare your Love
Not only do Lovie Winners get to celebrate their victory at the European Internet’s biggest party in London, they get to accept their award with a Declaration of Lovie speech.
- Make Lovie History
Lovie Winners range from iconic early Internet throwbacks to recent viral sensations, to powerhouse digital icons. Help us continue celebrating the most innovative, creative, and transformative work that shapes the Internet.
- You’ve Got to Be in It to Win It
Most importantly, your great work can’t be celebrated if our Academy doesn’t even see it. You can’t win if you don’t enter.
The 6th Annual Lovie Awards Call for Entries is now open. Submit your work by the Final Entry Deadline on Friday, 10 June.
From tech giants to disruptive advertising campaigns and upstart startups, the best European digital work is represented among Lovie Winners. But you can’t win if you don’t enter. Check out some pointers on how to enter.
PRO TIPS FOR ENTERING THE LOVIE AWARDS
Create excellent digital work
First and foremost, entering The Lovies begins with the great work you have created throughout the year.
Make sure your site is ON
The work is done. The campaigns have launched. Your great ideas have come to fruition. But, since all entries are submitted as URLs, make sure all the links are true and nothing’s broken.
- Websites which recognises outstanding websites in multiple categories
- Internet Video content which premiered on the Internet including Virtual Reality, Comedy, Events & Live Broadcasts, Music & Entertainment and more
- Online Advertising including integrated campaigns, viral, branded content, media and more
- Social which recognises the social content and marketing across all platforms
- Mobile & Applications which recognises mobile websites and apps made for all mobile devices
Set up a LOVIE Account
Don’t lose your work! You will automatically be prompted to set up an account when you submit 5 or more entries and we highly recommend you do. Setting up an account allows you to keep tabs on your work and payment history and the entry site will keep your work in the cache in case you accidentally close your browser.
So, what then are the distinctions between the Agency, Internal and PR roles when entering The Lovies?
- Agency work is made on the behalf of a client.
- Internal work is used by the company or brand which created it.
- PR firms submit work for the clients they represent.
Denise’s TOP TIPS for entering
The expert producer Denise Gilley is here to help with all of your entry-related queries and concerns. Here are her top tips on entry best practices. We asked so you didn’t have to.
- Your Work: A Twitter account is not required, but should your work be nominated (and thus eligible to participate in the People’s Lovie Award), we can promote your success via Twitter.
- Campaign Entries: I recommend that entrants setup and submit a non-branded landing page with project details, case study video, marketing results/stats, etc. along with a link(s) to the actual elements of the campaign.
- Mobile & Applications: For subscription-based apps or sites, I recommend that you provide a guest login for our judges. It is helpful to provide our judges with the opportunity to fully experience the work.
Of course, please don’t hesitate to contact Denise via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or hesitations about entering. To ensure your great work is submitted without a hitch, check out the Eligibility & Guidelines page for their expert and useful breakdown of the entry rules, fees, and terms.