The Rolex Awards are open to anyone over 18 years of age, of any nationality, whose ground-breaking project is helping to expand the knowledge of our world and improve the quality of life on the planet.
The Rolex Awards for Enterprise were launched in 1976 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Oyster chronometer, the world’s first waterproof watch.
Applicants are encouraged to submit projects that address the world’s most pressing issues in 5 areas. They include:
- science and health;
- applied technology;
- exploration and discovery;
- the environment;
- cultural heritage.
- This award is open to anyone over 18 years of age, of any nationality.
- Only one person per application can be nominated. A group of individuals cannot apply.
- The entry must be completed in English, with all sections filled, be signed, and be submitted before the deadline
- Rolex will offer five Laureate Awards and five Young Laureate Awards : the Laureates will each receive 100,000 Swiss francs and the Young Laureates 50,000 Swiss francs each to advance their projects.
- Awardees would also benefit from the worldwide publicity and they would receive a Rolex chronometer.
Projects are assessed on their originality, potential for impact, feasibility, and, above all, on the candidates own spirit of enterprise.
Laureates are chosen by a Jury of international experts who themselves embody the spirit of enterprise that the Awards seek to promote. The Jury is international, interdisciplinary and independent. A new panel is convened for each series of Awards, which are presented every two years.
How to Apply
Register here and submit your online application.
To learn more about the Rolex Awards 2016.
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]