Deadline: October 26, 2015 | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Costs: 35€ – 350€
Date: November 6-7, 2015
Location: Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija, Riga, Latvia
For several days in November, Riga will become a new “Silicon Valley”. There are several reasons of that.
TechHub Riga Academy organizes one more competitive tender. They are looking for: pre-accelerator stage startups, which build a mobile application, social network, hardware gadget or anything else that’s IT or tech-related. You can apply till the 26th of October. The results will be announced on November 6. The best 10 startups will have a chance to become a participant of mentoring sessions at the same day. And 5 of them will be nominated to pitch at the Silicon Valley Comes To The Baltics 2015 (SV2B) conference.
The conference “Silicon Valley Comes To The Baltics” started in 2012 in Lithuania, Vilnius. This year it will take place in the neighborhood Baltic city, Riga in Latvia. The main idea of the forum is sharing the experience with participants. The number of registered people during the first year of the conference increased to 1,300 participants. The next year’s crowd of young and perspective talents almost doubled to 2,500 participants.
SV2B creates an opportunity to get known to the owners of most innovative companies in technology fields, to aim high, and continue developing.
SV2B concentrate the attention on startups, but it isn’t the only one topic to discuss. The event covers technology innovation in common and business topics. The great advantage of the forum is participation of world-known speakers. This year especially for the event will come famous speakers from USA Silicon Valley, including 650 participants from all over Europe. At the conference will give a speech:
- Hasan Haider – Venture Partner at 500 Startups – MENA focus;
- Kamran Elahian – Chairman of Global Catalyst Partners;
- Alicia Dai – Director, Strategic Planning & Analysis at Ask.fm;
- Mikko Järvenpää – CEO of Infogram;
- Sean Percival – Partner at 500 Startups;
- Kristo Käärmann– Co-founder and Executive Founder of TransferWise;
- Eamonn Carey – Entrepreneur in Residence at Techstars;
- Kayvan Nikjou –European Manager at Freelancer.com;
- Abdelhameed Sharara –Founder and CEO of RiseUp Summit;
- Gary A. Fowler – Co-Founder and Chief Evangelist,
- GVA LaunchGurus and others recognized speakers from USA Silicon Valley.