Deadline: March 1, 2016 by 11:59 PM ET | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Russia and the United States
The Cargill Global Scholars program 2016 provides financial support and leadership development opportunity to undergraduate students from around the world. Scholarships will be awarded to talented, high performing students studying in a field relevant to Cargill’s world of food, agriculture and risk management.
The Cargill Global Scholars Program is currently available in the following countries: Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Russia and the United States. Each program country has a unique set of eligibility criteria.
To learn about the country-specific eligibility criteria, please visit the FAQ section of the website and select the country you wish to learn more about.
The Cargill Global Scholars Program 2016 is a distinctive scholarship opportunity that not only provides financial support, but offers leadership development opportunities through seminars, networking events, and a one-on-one mentoring program. These enrichment activities have been designed to help foster and enhance the Cargill Global Scholars’ leadership potential and critical thinking skills, and equip them with the tools necessary for becoming global leaders and decisions makers.
Scholarships will be awarded to talented, high performing university students who demonstrate exemplary academic achievement and leadership potential and study in a field relevant to Cargill’s world of food, agriculture and risk management.
Through this scholarship, Cargill is helping to nourish and build a network of future leaders who can develop new innovations and positively contribute to their communities. This program embodies Cargill’s commitment to improving living standards and promoting vibrant and stable communities around the globe.
A Cargill Global Scholar is:
- A Critical Thinker
Applicants to The Cargill Global Scholarship Program 2016 must:
- Be a citizen or permanent legal resident of Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Russia or the United States.
- Attend a partner university in the country of citizenship or permanent legal residency
- Be a first or second-year university student
- Demonstrate high academic performance
- Demonstrate leadership potential
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Specialize in fields of study that are identified as preferred fields (see each country’s guidelines)
- Are from a disadvantaged or underrepresented group within their country
- Receive an annual scholarship award for up to two years, to help off-set any academic related expenses.
- Participate in a fully-funded three day leadership seminar during the first year of the program designed to enhance the scholars’ leadership skills ensuring that each participant’s full potential to effect change is reached at the culmination of the program.
- Have the opportunity to participate in a fully funded Global Leadership Seminar to be held at one of Cargill’s global locations. This activity will bring each cohort of Cargill Global Scholars from around the world for a week-long seminar that will involve a series of experiential learning enrichment activities coupled with networking opportunities with Cargill executives.
- Be paired with a Cargill leader who will serve as a mentor over the duration of the program. The Cargill mentors will help the scholars identify short and long term academic and professional goals and will assist in reaching these goals through networking, face-to-face meetings and regular email and phone communication.
- Become a member of the Cargill Global Scholars alumni community.