Deadline: April 15, 2016 | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Date: June 1, 2016
Prize:a cash prize (amount TBA), and one-on-one meetings with VCs, Angels and corporate executives and venture groups in Silicon Valley
Location: Silicon Valley
Are you up for a challenge?
Innovative technology startups from all over the world that are building a scalable business and are interested in presenting their products and representing their country at the 3rd Annual World Cup Tech Challenge 2016 are encouraged to apply. In order to be considered for the competition, please visit the application page, fill out all the boxes, and upload an Executive Summary of no more than two pages together with a 2-minute video-pitch (video is optional for the application phase, but will be mandatory for the online voting if your company qualifies to the finals).
The deadline for submission is April 15. The 24 qualified startups will be announced by May 1, 2016. The qualified startups within the different Groups will be invited to compete in the Finals in Silicon Valley, demo in the expo hall and present on stage for 5 minutes, followed by 5 minutes of Q&A from a panel of professional Silicon Valley investors and industry experts. One winner in each of the 6 Groups will be selected by a combination of the judges’ scores, audience votes, and points from online voting.
The World Cup Tech Challenge is organized by SVForum. For over 30 years, SVForum has fostered innovation, entrepreneurship and leadership in Silicon Valley. They function as a center of knowledge and connections, covering everything from the latest tech trends to the startup and investment ecosystem. They have a long history of creating successful events, programs and conferences that educate, train, inspire, and connect technologists, entrepreneurs, corporates, investors, innovation and startup hubs, and students in Silicon Valley, throughout the U.S., and globally.
- Fill out all the boxes in the application
- Upload an Executive Summary of no more than two pages
- Submit a 2-minute video-pitch (recommended, but not required).
Startups applying for the World Cup Tech Challenge must meet certain criteria in order to be considered:
- You have a product or service available in the market
- Your product or service must not have been introduced in the global marketplace for more than a few months prior to the event (This means that you might already have launched your product in your local market, gained traction and perhaps even revenue and you’re now ready for a global launch)
- Your startup fits within one of the six categories: AgTech, FinTech, Internet of Things, AI/Robotics, BioTech, and VR/AR.
- If you qualify to the finals, you will receive an invitation letter with instructions on how to pay the $500* participation fee. The participation fee includes:
- Tickets to the World Cup Tech Challenge for yourself and 3 people of your choice.
- Demo table that includes signage, 120V power, and high speed wireless internet connection.
- 5 minutes to pitch your product: followed by 5 minutes of Q&A with the panel of investors and industry experts.
- Visibility in all communication and PR channels and material prior to, during and after the event.