Deadline: February 17, 2016 | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Dates:First week of March 2016
Prize: EUR 500,000 in funding
3rd Women Startup Competition EU is a 1 week-long women startup competition in Hungary in March 2016.
After the two CEE Women Startup Competition, here is the Women Startup Competition Europe! A 5 day long women startup challenge, which will be held in Budapest, Hungary next March. Women Startup Competition was founded in order to give an opportunity for female entrepreneurs, to meet the investors of their dreams. We created tradition especially for women, to get attention, based on their talent, competence and commitment. After the application, the online jury will select a shortlist of applicants who will join us in Hungary for the big challenge. Winners will be selected by top startup influencers (chosen by online startup communities) and our panel of judges, based on their pitches and the potential success of each project. Those startups may apply, where the majority of the founders are women or over 50% of the startup are owned by women.
Participating ideas and teams will be evaluated first by the online jury, then the VIP jury will decide about the best projects in the final round considering current and future communication and professional achievements and results of the project
– Online – the top startup influencers
– VIP jury – 7-8 people independent local and regional experts and investors
The competition consists of two rounds. First, the “Startup Top Influencer” team evaluates and chooses the best 5-12 startups that will go for the joint preparation and challenge with the help of investors and mentors. The main goal is that all teams who get into the final could feel to be a winner with the experience and investments they receive here, and could easily step forward to face larger professional challenges.
- fantastic Apple products (MacBook Air, iPad)
- 2 month free coworking office usage in best in Budapest for 2 persons
- team tickets to startup conferences (Pioneers Festival, Global Webit Expo, etc.)
- the coolest IoT gadgets
- other surprises and a chance for a 511 000 Euro investment (VCs + Angels)
- Startup Competition launch: November, 2015
- Application deadline: February 17, 2016
- Shortlist selection: February 22, 2016
- Preparation days: March 17-20, 2016
- Demo Day: March 21, 2016