Deadline: July 15, 2016 | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Prize: Opportunity to showcase your startup in front of investors and potential clients
Eligibility: Applicants younger than 30 who developed a concept addressing one of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
World Summit Youth Award 2016
The World Summit Youth Award 2016 (WSYA) is the global contest for online or mobile initiatives to raise awareness and help resolve the most pressing global issues.
Young designers and e-Content creators (under 30) from around the world are invited to develop inspiring Internet content to promote and achieve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The World Summit Youth Awards selects and promotes best practices in e-Content and technological creativity, demonstrates young people’s potential to create outstanding digital content and serves as a platform for people from all UN member states to work together.
Submissions must be made under one of the six categories
- Fight poverty, hunger and disease;
- Education for all;
- Women Empowerment;
- Go Green, Climate Change;
- Digital Generation;
- Innovation for SDGs.
- projects must be completed after 1st January 2014 (for a project or product completed earlier the submitters have to document that significant alterations and/or improvements and/or additions have been made in the period thereafter);
- projects must be initiated and executed by a young people under the age of 30 (birth date after 1.1. 1986) and coming from any of the UN and UNESCO member states.;
- products should be fully functional and operational at the time of submission;
- the products must be accessible over the Internet;
- submissions must be free of offensive or plagiarized content and made by an authorised person;
In case of multiple submissions from one and the same applicants, each product, project or application requires a separate registration and release form.
In each of the categories there will be three winners and up to three runners-up.
The winners will be given the opportunity to showcase their platform at the World Summit Youth Award (WSYA) winners event.
How to apply:
- Entrants’ project is nominated by a Youth Award Ambassador or by a former Winner. If the project is nominated, entrants are automatically shortlisted and in round 2.
- Entrants submit their project online to the Youth Award database. The project will be evaluated in round 1 and only the best projects in each category will be shortlisted.