Deadline: March 22, 2018 00:00 (GMT-0500) | Apply here
Eligibility: Professors must be full-time faculty members;
Students must be enrolled in an undergraduate program B.A., B.A. & Sc., B.S.W.; Have a minimum CGPA of 3.0; Have completed 60 credits by the start of the internship; Be returning to undergraduate studies in the Faculty of Arts in the fall;
Prizes: a total award of USD 4000,-
Location: Montreal, Canada
McGill University Arts Research Internship Awards 2018
The purpose of the Arts Research Internship Awards (ARIA) is to support undergraduate students who undertake research during the summer under the direct supervision of a faculty member.
The Faculty of Arts will provide Undergraduate Research Internship Awards, each with a value $2000, for summer 2017.
These awards are matched by individual faculty members or their departments to provide a total award of $4000 to the student.
How it works
- Professors seek out students to assist with their research by soliciting for applications in class or, through their departments.
- Professors and their selected students apply jointly for the ARIA, using the ARIA application form (see bottom the page). These applications are to be submitted to the Arts Internship Office (AIO) for processing and are redistributed to the departments for selection.
- The internship term lasts eleven weeks over the summer. Students will be expected to dedicate 30 hours per week to the internship. It is important to set clear expectations about the student’s weekly schedule.
- Students must find a supervising professor or apply to a professor
- Students and their supervisors apply jointly for the ARIA, using the one application form
- The internship term lasts eleven weeks over the summer. Students will be expected to dedicate 30 hours per week to the internship
Benefits for the student
- The opportunity to engage in a high level of scholarship, valuable in preparation for graduate studies
- The opportunity to gain skills related to methods of inquiry in their discipline
- The opportunity to receive academic mentorship from a faculty member
Benefits for the faculty member
- Increased participation of keen undergraduate students in faculty research
- An opportunity to provide mentorship
Interested in applying for the Arts Research Internship Awards 2018? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.