Deadline: November 22, 2019 00:00 (CET)| Apply here
Eligibility: The contest is open to all passport holders of ASEAN Member States aged 18 to 35 years by 31 December 2019; Staff or officers of the ASEAN Secretariat or their immediate family members are not eligible to join; Contestants are limited only to individuals (i.e. no groups and companies).
ASEAN Identity Logo Design Competition 2019
2020 has been designated as the Year of ASEAN Identity to further develop and foster a sense of belonging and shared identity among the peoples of ASEAN.
The ASEAN Secretariat, with the support of the ASEAN-German Cooperation implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, is initiating the 2020 Year of ASEAN Identity Logo Design Competition for ASEAN Youths to stimulate young people’s creativity in interpreting ASEAN identity.
The logo will be featured in various materials and high profile events throughout 2020 to celebrate ASEAN Identity.
Don’t miss your opportunity to win fabulous prizes!
- 1 Winne: cash prize of € 2,000; 2 nights’ hotel stay in Jakarta; Return flight from an ASEAN Member State to Jakarta for the launch and awarding ceremony
- 1st Runner Up: Cash prize of € 1,000
- 2nd Runner Up: Cash prize of € 500
- Individuals may submit no more than two entries
- Each logo submission must be accompanied by a write-up (of no more than 50 words) on your interpretation of the ASEAN Identity through your logo design, e.g. by answering the following questions: What does ASEAN Identity mean to you? What inspires your design? How does your logo design help to promote ASEAN awareness and foster ASEAN Identity?
- Entries must be submitted as JPEG files and must be attached to the email with
the corresponding Entry Form.
- For quality reproduction purposes, the winning entry must later be submitted in
scalable vector graphic format (EPS).
- Color must be CMYK and RGB, though the logo may also be produced in black
and white. Contestants are advised to avoid gradients and half-tones.
- It should be visually appealing on both small (as small as 2 cm x 2 cm) and large
The winning entry will be selected by a panel comprising the ASEAN Secretariat,
and GIZ. The decision will be final and no further correspondence shall be entered
Entries will be judged on the merits of:
- Originality – Does the design reflect distinctiveness and creativity? Is the
design visually appealing and commanding attention?
- Relevance – Does the design inspire and contribute to a sense of building ASEAN Identity? Does the design tell a compelling story about ASEAN Community Building through promotion of the ASEAN Identity?
- Adaptability – Can the design be reproduced in different formats and
accommodate various applications?
- Aesthetics – Is the design well put together to demonstrate balanced visual
and colour coordination?
Interested in applying for the ASEAN Identity Logo Design Competition 2019? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.