Deadline: November 30, 2019 00:00 CET| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: Any students enrolled at university or in an engineering school during the academic year 2019-2020 can participate! Teams from 2 to maximum 4 students are encouraged to apply.
Atos IT Challenge 2020
The Atos IT Challenge is a computer science and technology engineering competition. Now in its ninth year, over 640 teams and around 2,000 students worldwide have participated in it.
Previous competition topics have included smart cars and cities, blockchain technologies and the Olympic Games (for which Atos delivers IT services).
Over the past two years the challenge has focussed on artificial intelligence (AI), which is set to become one of the most disruptive technological developments ever; initially with “AI and Bots” exploring the emergence of conversational interfaces.
In last year’s challenge, teams from 20 countries explored how machine learning (ML) will bring benefit to the world through sustainability.
Cooperative Artificial Intelligence
The competition is looking for interesting applications that could have immediate and impactful real-world applicability.
Increasingly we will see otherwise disparate AI solutions cooperating with each other to share information and make joint decisions.
Devise an innovative use case and build a prototype which demonstrates Cooperative Artificial Intelligence. Show how you could further develop your solution and take it to market.
You may wish to use Google’s Machine Learning and Tensor Flow framework, or other Machine Learning services from the likes of Microsoft or Amazon.
The Challenge is split into 6 main phases
- Idea Submission (deadline: Nov 30, 2019): come up with an innovative concept for an application based on Cooperative Artifical Intelligence
- First Jury (Dec 1 – Dec 15, 2019): First Jury made up of the Atos’ Scientific Community members selects the 15 best concepts
- App Development (Dec 16, 2019 – Apr, 2020): 15 shortlisted teams work on their app development with the help of an Atos’ coach
- App Delivery (Apr, 2020 – May, 2020): app testing in Atos Competence Center.
- Final Jury (Apr, 2020 – May, 2020): the 15 teams pitch their ideas in front of a Final Jury selecting the 3 best teams
- Awards Ceremony (Jul, 2020): the 3 finalists are invited in Paris for the Awards Ceremony
Interested in applying for the Atos IT Challenge 2020? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.