Deadline: March 6, 2024 23:59 GMT| Apply here
Eligibility: citizen and resident of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro, or Serbia
Location: Cranfield University, United Kingdom
Are you a Western Balkan mid-career professional with leadership potential in cyber security or cyber policy?
Join this ten-week fellowship for a better understanding of approaches in cyber security and its implications for national security. Moreover, learn about crime prevention, commercial opportunity, and the right to privacy.
What is more, The Chevening Western Balkans Cyber Security Fellowship by Cranfield University will create an opportunity for you to connect with peers from around the world and grow your professional network.
The Chevening Western Balkans Cyber Security Fellowships main focus
The Fellowship will focus mainly on relevant issues and challenges particular to the UK and Western Balkans regarding:
- Cyber threats: threat and risk assessment, the implications for national security, relevance of Internet governance structures, and the protection of critical national infrastructure
- Economics of online business, cyber security, consumer awareness, protection, and their effective technology adoption
- Cyber-crime and Internet law: economic impact of cyber-crime and approaches regarding its countering, the use and abuse of social media and accountability in cyberspace
To be eligible for a Chevening Cyber Security Fellowship and gain access to all its benefits you must meet the following criteria:
- be a citizen and currently reside in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro, or Serbia
- return to your country after the end of the fellowship
- hold a postgraduate level qualification or an equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area
- have a minimum of five years of experience
- have a work experience in cyber security/policy issues
- good working knowledge of English
- readiness to comply with all relevant guidelines and expectations of the fellowship
- not hold British citizenship
- not an employee, former employee or a relative of an employee of His Majesty’s Government, or have been within the last two years from the opening of Chevening applications (including the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, all British Embassies/High Commissions, the Home Office, the Ministry of Defence, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, the Department for International Trade and the UKVI), the British Council, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- have not received UK Government scholarship funding within the last five years
If you can see yourself excelling in this fellowship, do not hesitate to apply.
The fellowship covers your return flight from the Western Balkans to the UK, as well as living expenses for the duration of the program.
Interested in applying for the Chevening Western Balkans Cyber Security Fellowship? Register your participation by following the application link and taking the suggested steps.