Deadline: December 31, 2018 00:00 CET| Nominate here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: Entrants must be Commonwealth citizens, government ministries/departments/public sector agencies in Commonwealth countries; social or voluntary sector enterprises in Commonwealth countries; private sector enterprises based in any Commonwealth country; nominees must have been engaged in developing their innovations for more than 12 months, either in a professional or voluntary capacity
Prize: The 15 winners will each receive a trophy, a certificate and prize money of £2000
Commonwealth Innovation Awards 2019
The Commonwealth Innovation Awards will celebrate outstanding innovators and innovations that are helping Commonwealth countries and their people achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and advance the values in the Commonwealth Charter that commit Commonwealth countries to the development of free and democratic societies and the promotion of peace and prosperity.
The award-winning innovations must reaffirm the core values and principles of the Commonwealth as declared in the Commonwealth Charter
- Recognise innovations that are advancing sustainable development in Commonwealth countries in line with the Commonwealth Charter and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Highlight the innovative potential across the Commonwealth
- Inspire the next generation of Commonwealth innovators
There will be three award winners for innovations in each of the five categories:
- Improve the well-being (i.e. health, education, human rights etc.) of Commonwealth PEOPLE
- Improve PROSPERITY (i.e. economic development, trade, etc.) in the Commonwealth
- Promote PEACE and justice in the Commonwealth
- Protect the PLANET and the natural environment in the Commonwealth and
- promote PARTNERSHIPS for sustainable development in the Commonwealth
The winners will be chosen for the impact or potential of their innovations to advance one or more of the 17 SDGs in Commonwealth countries.
- Level of impact or demonstrable potential of innovation
- Fresh approaches to problem-solving
- Quality of achievement so far
- Quality of the evidence provided
- Impact or potential impact of innovation on the achievement of SDGs in Commonwealth countries
Interested in nominate for the Commonwealth Innovation Awards? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.