Deadline: April 14, 2017 | Apply here
Eligibility: All African startups / individual innovators are eligible to apply to the fintech challenge. Open to both teams and individuals.
Prize: The three top winners at the Innovation Fair will be awarded $10,000, $7000, and $5000 cash prizes respectively. After the competition, Ecobank may invest up to $500,000 in selected start-ups/products with immense prospects.
Ecobank Fintech Challenge 2017
Developers, programmers and fintech innovators all over Africa are joining forces with the continent’s biggest banking ecosystem to transform finance through technology and innovation.
Join the movement! Build Africa’s next big financial technology solution
Ecobank is challenging Africa’s new generation of entrepreneurs to find lasting solutions to the continent’s most pressing banking issues. Submit entries in one or more of our key areas of interest for your Chance to win up to $500,000 funding.
Developers and innovators are encouraged to submit applications addressing one or more of the following challenges:
- Predictive analysis using big data
- Agency banking
- Secured client authentication
- Apps to work without internet connectivity
- KYC technology
- Customer analytics
- Credit scoring
- Micro Loan System
- User experience optimizing solutions using machine learning and AI
- Blockchain technology/solutions within Banking
Alongside the funding opportunity, submitting an entry can help you access a host of other exciting benefits that could help catapult your startup towards success.
- Competition Cash prizes: the three top winners at the Innovation Fair will be awarded $10,000, $7000, and $5000 cash prizes respectively.
- Start-up Funding: after the competition, Ecobank may invest up to $500,000 in selected start-ups/products with immense prospects.
- Multinational product rollout: once in a lifetime opportunity to launch products in Ecobank’s over 30 markets across Africa through strategic partnership.
- Service provider partnerships: start-ups may be selected by Ecobank as a pan-African service partner within Ecobank’s giant 36 country ecosystem.
- Mentoring and networking support: founders will be conferred as Ecobank Innovation Fellows for a period of one year, granting them access to networking and mentoring opportunities within the Ecobank Group and its vast network of global and African partners.
- Showcase your idea: At Ecobank’s Innovation Fair
Ecobank will cover travel and accommodation costs for up to two participants from each team to attend the Ecobank Fintech Challenge event.