Deadline: September 30, 2019 00:00 (CEST)| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: Students can participate in an individual or a group project, provided that the group members do not exceed three students
Location: Aswan, Egypt
Egypt International Science and Technology Fair 2019
Egypt International Science and Technology Fair (EISTF), a program of The Egyptian Association for Science and Engineering (EASE), is the biggest international science competition in Egypt.
In addition to discovering creative students from different countries and giving them the opportunity to display their projects to achieve their dreams, the main aim is to enhance both the quality and type of projects that contribute to developing the world.
Vision and mission
- Developing the skills of scientific research and the spirit of innovation in Egypt and all over the world.
- Organizing an International Fair to help improve Egypt’s scientific rank among countries by providing an anon-competitive setting where adult science professionals can guide and encourage young students, that focuses on learning and personal growth rather than on prize-winning.
The conference will contain
- Science fair for High School Students
- Science fair for University Students
EISTF science fair is divided into two concurrent international science competitions so that all students from different countries can showcase their research. The first one is for the high school projects and the second is for the university projects to provide equal educational opportunities.
- EISTF Hackathon
It gathers participants with different skill sets to solve problems and work collaboratively. It is designed to involve university students, graduates, CS startup members and early career professionals. All participants will come together at the event where they will be placed on teams to solve problems in an unorthodox way.
The solutions that stem from the Hackathon are not limited to the confines of the event but extend to how we solve problems in the future. Hackathons embody creativity and thinking, that help all participants to equip themselves with skills to facilitate future education and career development.
- EISTF Talk
EISTF Talk covers a multitude of topics from science to business to global issues put forth by global leaders. EISTF Talk is a part of EISTF conference that will bring people together to share an experience that will unleash new ideas, as well as inspire and inform the public.
Terms of participation
- Students are not allowed to participate with more than one project.
- The project must pass Display and Safety Committee and Review Committee to be able to participate.
- Students can participate in an individual or a group project, provided that the group members do not exceed three students.
- The team does not have the right to change team members at any stage of the fair.
It is possible for the research project to be a part of an extensive study carried out by specialized scientists provided that the part submitted was done exclusively by the student and was the student’s idea.
- In the case of constant scientific theft or falsification or fabrication of information, or use the work of other researchers without reference, the project will be permanently excluded from the exhibition.
- Egypt International Science and Technology Fair is not considered as an adjunct to the ownership of projects submitted in the event of a dispute between applicants on the ownership of the idea or project.
- If the student does not comply with the conditions of the exhibition, the project shall be prevented permanently from this competition, whether this year or in future years.
Many projects could easily fit into more than one EISTF category. It is highly recommended that you choose the category that most accurately describes your project.
You don’t need to compete in the same category as in your regional or state competition. We attempt to match judges to projects first at the sub-category level and then at the category level as best as possible.
There are 6 main categories which are:
- Biology and Medicine
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- Physics and Astronomy
- Computer Science
- Chemistry and Environmental Science
- Behavioral and Social Sciences
The participants will compete on average for a share of $10,000 in awards and prizes and will be judged on their creative ability and scientific thought, as well as the thoroughness, skill, and clarity shown in their projects.
Grand awards are:
- Affiliation for other fairs
- Cash awards
There are special awards for the other participants in all categories such as:
- Miscellaneous Awards
Interested in attending the Egypt International Science and Technology Fair 2019? Register your participation by following the application link and taking the suggested steps.