Deadline: October 19, 2023 00:00 CEST| Apply here
Eligibility: start-ups and SMEs that have an innovative, game-changing product, service or business model that could create new markets or disrupt existing ones in Europe and even worldwide
Are you looking for substantial funding, but the risks involved are too high for private investors alone to invest? Apply for:
EIC Accelerator 2023
The EIC Accelerator is a funding programme under Horizon Europe that supports start-ups and SMEs with an innovative, game-changing product, service or business model that could create new markets or disrupt existing ones in Europe and even worldwide.
non-dilutive, up to € 2.5 million, for innovation activities only (TRL 5-8), to be completed within 24 months.
- Grant only – for companies aiming to reach the TRL 8 at the end of the project and continue further development without the EIC support
- Grant first – for companies reaching TRL 8 at the end of the project and the possibility to apply for dilutive equity to reach TRL 9
Dilutive, up to € 15 million, for market deployment (TRL 9), «patient capital» principle with a 7-10 years perspective.
- Blended finance: a mix of non-dilutive grants for innovation activities (TRL 5-8) and dilutive equity for market deployment (TRL 9).
- Investment only: for mid-caps companies and companies that have received a «grant only».
EIC Accelerator Challenges
For projects that match any of the pre-defined topics of the EIC Accelerator Challenges. The overall budget for the EIC Accelerator Challenges in 2023 is €524.7 million.
EIC Accelerator Open
For projects that don’t match the EIC Accelerator topics, the EIC Accelerator Open is open to proposals in any technology field. The overall budget for the EIC Accelerator Open in 2023 is €613 million.
Access to a range of tailor-made Business Acceleration Services (BAS) for beneficiaries to leverage investments:
- Access to global partners
- Access to coaches, mentors, expertise and training
- Access to the innovation ecosystem and peers
Who should apply?
Applicants from EU Member States and countries associated with the Horizon Europe programme:
- Single start-up or SME (including spin-outs)
- Small mid-caps (fewer than 499 employees) need rapid scale-up of the TRL 9 activity. Mid-caps can apply for investment only.
- Natural persons or legal entities who are willing to set up an SME or a mid-cap.
Applicants from third countries:
- Applicants from third countries may relocate their company in order to become eligible. This must be done before submitting the full application (Step 2).
- Applicants from the United Kingdom can apply for the “grant only” scheme
- Applicants may submit only one application to the EIC Accelerator. Additional applications can be submitted after receiving the results of the original submissions
- The EIC welcomes applications from innovators in all EU Member States and countries associated with the Horizon Europe Programme. It particularly welcomes applications from startups and SMEs with female CEOs.
Interested in applying for the EIC Accelerator 2023? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.