Dates: December 5-6, 2016 | Register here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Price: EUR 400,-
Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
European Venture Summit 2016
The 10th edition of The European Venture Summit – Europe’s leading network and investment event for high-growth technological start-ups, venture capital investors and technological corporations, is taking place on 5-6 December 2016 in Düsseldorf.
It offers an incredible opportunity for entrepreneurs to grow their businesses across borders and engage directly with Europe’s most active investors. The European Venture Summit will present 100+ innovative ICT, Life Sciences and Cleantech companies from all over Europe to an international audience of investors, key corporates and innovation experts.
This year the summit’s special theme is ‘Disruptive Technologies’. The aim is to promote innovative companies, seeking for opportunities in the digital landscape. The opening of the European Venture Summit will focus on the theme, with leading experts in science and practice as keynote speakers to highlight the state-of-art and guide several discussion sessions.
- 100+ companies presenting in 20 different sector-focused presentations sessions
- Between 100 and 120 expert investors are recruited to provide feedback in the company presentations sessions to the presenters
- 15 Speakers for the 3 Plenary Discussion Sessions & 4 Key Note Speakers as well as 30 Speakers for the Roundtable Discussion Sessions
- Some 100 paying delegates are expected
- Some 50 representatives from the Hosting Region and Cities
European Venture Summit in a nutshell
- Europe’s largest tech investment and matchmaking event
- Annual flagship event of Europe Unlimited
- Presentations by the Top 120 Companies selected through the European Venture Contest
- Attended by over 400 people, of which 200 of Europe’s most active venture capital or corporate investors
- Attended by high-tech entrepreneurs, advisors, corporates and government partners
- Presentation sessions, pre-arranged one-on-one meetings, discussion sessions, partner roundtables and more
Growth Academy Master Classes
Growth Academy Master Classes aim to prepare and motivate entrepreneurs for their investment pitches and meetings with investors during the European Venture Summit.
The classes will be animated by experienced experts such as top lawyers, M&A professionals, and corporate innovation managers just before the opening of the EVS in the afternoon of 5th December. Besides learning and discussing key entrepreneur-centric topics these sessions will also facilitate relationship building amongst session leaders and entrepreneurs.
- Angel Funding – Understand how to compete for funding and how to optimise the roadmap for growth before pitching to Business Angels investors
- Fund Raising – is it an art or science? What are the do’s and do not’s?
- Investment Term Sheets – essential right from the beginning and gets even more important with every deal. How to structure a smart term sheet?
- Corporate Partnership – is it a fast track way to success, exit or simply strengthening the business by having a big corporate as a partner. Why and how to engage in corporate innovation programs?
Please note: Places for the master classes are limited to 20 people per session: Reserve your place now with email@example.com – First come, first served! Every entrepreneur has the opportunity to attend two of the master classes as the topics will be repeated in the second round of sessions.
IVC Roundtable, December 5
About the IVC
The IVC provides venture capital or corporate investors with access in person and online to selected innovative entrepreneurs, facilitates relationships among investors and generates visibility across the European eco-system.
World Cafe Methodology during IVC Roundtable
- Tables are arranged by topics, e.g. IoT, digital health, smart materials, etc.
- As each table will have 5 chairs, only 5 participants can engage in a discussion in every 20-min slot or spell
- The 20-minute slots or spells will be timed and after every spell, Tech Tour Facilitators will ring a bell to mark the end of it. Bell ringing means that participants or “ambassadors of meaning” need to move to other tables except one who will act as the “Table Host” of the next spell.
- By providing opportunities for people to move in several spells of conversation, ideas, questions, and themes begin to link and connect. At the end of the second or third spell, all of the tables or conversation clusters in the room will be cross-pollinated with insights from prior conversations.
- During the wrap-up, 3 IVC Chapter Chairs will be invited to come forward and share their reflections