Deadline: July 15, 2017 | Apply here
Eligibility: young people, start-ups and social entrepreneurs (under the age of 33) creating digital projects (e.g. websites, online campaigns, mobile or web apps, interactive installations, IoT) with impact on society
Location: Graz, Austria
European Youth Award 2017
The European Youth Award is a pan-European contest for young people, start-ups and social entrepreneurs (under the age of 33) creating digital projects (e.g. websites, online campaigns, mobile or web apps, interactive installations, IoT) with impact on society. Projects can be submitted to different solution-oriented EYA categories addressing the goals defined by the Council of Europe and Europe 2020 as well as the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
It demonstrates their potential to create innovative solutions with Internet and Mobile technology addressing the goals defined by the Council of Europe and Europe 2020 as well as the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
International experts from all branches of the Creative Industry, known as the Grand Jury, will evaluate all submissions in three stages. The most outstanding solutions will be announced end of September/beginning of October. The winning teams will receive an invitation to the EYA Festival (Winners Event) to pitch their projects in Graz, Austria, from November 29 to December 2, 2017.
The annual winners event (EYA Festival) is s a unique event combining knowledge – innovation – networking – inspiration – motivation. Don’t miss the chance and be part of it!
At the Festival (Nov 29-Dec 2, 2017) you will:
- present your innovative project in front of an expert and high-level audience
- receive two profound project checks and further developement suggestions by international and local students
- learn from outstanding speakers, experienced entrepreneurs and opinion-leaders
- exchange and discuss your ideas and visions with young engaged people from all over Europe
- get honored and applauded on an international stage!
The DIGITAL project, product or application entering the contest must be mainly initiated and executed by young people under the age of 33 (born on or after January 1, 1984) living in one of the member states of the Council of Europe or the Union for the Mediterranean, Belarus, Kosovo or Syria.
Eligible Regions: Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mauritania, Republic of Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Palestine, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom.
- Registration, including submitting project information, must be completed online via the European Youth Award database. After successful registration, participants receive Login Data and an ID number via e-mail.
- Registration procedure includes signing and transmitting the release form to the EYA office. By signing the release form submitters confirm that they are the rightful owners to the necessary rights to submit the project. These rights include the copyright, right for using pictures, sound or audio components.
Projects can also be nominated by an EYA Ambassador or former EYA Winners. Nominated projects can be directly sent to online jury round 2 (upon discretion of the nominator).
- The jury process and evaluation criteria are published on the website and are subject to change without notice.