Deadline: July 31, 2019 00:00 (CEST)| Apply here
Eligibility: Creative minds under the age of 33 living in one of the member states of the European Union, Council of Europe, or Union for the Mediterranean, Belarus or Kosovo who have produced an outstanding, innovative digital project to improve society (ex. website, app, wearable device, digital installation) and submitted it to the EYA database until July 31 in one of the EYA categories.
European Youth Award 2019
The European Youth Award is EYA’s flagship initiative. It is a European-wide contest to motivate young people, social entrepreneurs, and start-ups to produce digital projects having an impact on society.
It demonstrates their potential to create innovative solutions with the Internet and Mobile technology addressing the goals defined by the Council of Europe and Europe 2020 as well as the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Digital Solutions with Social Impact
(EYA Festival is a unique event combining knowledge – innovation – networking – inspiration – motivation taking place in Graz at the end of November.
It is a public event and everybody is welcome to join. Thus, don’t miss the chance and be part of it! Save the date for the next edition: November 27-30.
EYA is seeking and rewarding the most creative digital projects (eg. websites, apps, wearable devices, games, IoT, smart things or digital installations). Projects have to be submitted in one of the following nine categories.
Please note: the category descriptions below are meant to serve as general guidelines. All digital projects improving society and addressing the basic idea of a category are welcome to participate!
- FOSTERING HEALTH: healthcare | sports | food | well-being
- SMART LEARNING: education | infotainment | e-skills | science and R & D
- CONNECTING CULTURES: diversity | heritage | integration | gender equality
- PLANET FRIENDLY: sustainable energy | biodiversity | climate change | intelligent infrastructures
- ACTIVE CITIZENSHIP: digital journalism | democratic participation | social cohesion | human rights
- SUSTAINABLE ECONOMICS: financial literacy | responsible consumption | fair commerce | fundraising
- MANAGING LIFE: personal development | relationships | activity planning | decent work
- OPEN INNOVATION: music and arts | crazy stuff | digital magic | improving the world
- FUTURE EUROPE: Europositivism | European Union | European Remembrance | EU policy making
Well, to tell you the disappointing truth: no, there is no cash-prize awaiting you. No suitcase full of money. BUT things which are more valuable:
- A fantastic family of change-makers sharing the same spirit as you
- Mentoring by the EYA mentoring team AND former EYA winners
- Two comprehensive checks and fresh ideas for your project from international and local students digging deep into your projects for several weeks
- An invitation to the EYA Festival to learn from outstanding speakers experienced entrepreneurs and opinion-leaders
an international stage to present your innovative project in front of an expert jury and huge audience
- Recognition at the EYA Gala Ceremony by international laudators
- Your projects featured through EYA’s and partners’ channels and in the annual catalogue
- A professional video about your project
- International reputation and & legitimacy
Interested in applying for the European Youth Award 2019? Register your participation by following the application link and taking the suggested steps.