Deadline: January 31, 2018 00:00 (GMT-0600)
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game] | Apply here
Eligibility: High school graduate or equivalent. A student has completed at least two years toward a college degree. Enrollment as undergraduate or graduate student in accounting, finance, business, economics, supply chain management, information science, information systems, information technology, computer science, statistics, analytics, or other related majors.
Location: Harrison, the United States
FedEx Management Internship 2018
FedEx Corp. provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce, and business services.
Its networks operate independently to deliver the best service to customers without compromise.
They compete collectively as a broad portfolio of customer solutions and are managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand.
FedEx offering an internship which is a 10-week assignment for students pursuing a college degree. Assignments are directly related to intern’s academic degree.
Under direct Supervision, performs duties as assigned. Student participates in a number of Organized events providing visibility into the overall operations of FedEx
Under close supervision, the successful candidate may assist with providing analytical support to drive efficiency, consistency and control throughout current business initiatives.
The intern may assist with industry market research, global business intelligence, and emerging trends analysis.
The intern will analyze specific business metrics and research/analyze data, industry trends, and market information to gain insight into transportation and logistics metrics in identified industry verticals.
Responsibilities may include assisting with one or more of the following:
- Consult with work streams by providing project management best practices to the project teams.
- Plan and facilitate meetings.
- Manage projects.
- Conduct analysis related to global revenue optimization and demand forecasting.
- Perform analysis and provide recommendations on data extraction and use in the FedEx costing methodologies and the FedEx Express transportation network.
- Extract and analyze data as well as forecast revenue and volume trends.
The ideal candidate will possess
- Knowledge or experience with one or more of the following: data analytics, process engineering, forecasting/modeling, strategy planning, and the transportation/logistics industry.
- Experience in analytical/quantitative business, operations, economics, or engineering.
- Working knowledge of project management, data mining, forecasting, SQL, SAS, Java, C/C++, HTML web design, advanced Excel (PivotTables, vlookup, VBA), VB.NE, 3rd or 4th generation computer languages, UNIX, and/or RDBMS.
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of Agile and the Scaled Agile Framework.
- Experience with program and project dashboards and project estimation tools such as SLIM.
- Strong leadership, organizational, communications, and analytical skills, including experience with Access and Excel.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- The student has completed at least two years toward a college degree.
- Enrollment as undergraduate or graduate student in accounting, finance, business, economics, supply chain management, information science, information systems, information technology, computer science, statistics, analytics, or other related majors.