Deadline: June 15, 2018 00:00 CEST| Register here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2018) in one of the following age categories: a) Children (ages up to 14) b) Youth (ages 15 – 25).
GOI Foundation Essay Contest 2018
The GOI Foundation is organizing annual essay contest with an effort to harness the energy, creativity and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development.
It also aims to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
The Change I Want to Make
The topic of the contest is “The Change I Want to Make”. What is the one thing you would like to change the most to make your school, workplace, community, country or the world a better place? How would you bring about that change?
Write a 700 words essay on the cause and solution you believe in and win the prize for your creativity.
- 1st Prize: Certificate, the prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$900 as of February 2018) and gift – 1 entrant; Additionally, 1st prize winners will be invited to the award ceremony to be held in Tokyo, Japan on November 23, 2018, and will receive the Minister of Education Award. (Travel expenses will be covered by the organizer.)
- 2nd Prize: Certificate, the prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$450 as of February 2018) and gift – 2 entrants
- 3rd Prize: Certificate and gift – 5 entrants
- Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift – 25 entrants
* Additional awards (Recognition for Effort, Best School Award, School Incentive Award) will be given if applicable.
- Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2018) in one of the following age categories: a) Children (ages up to 14) b) Youth (ages 15 – 25).
- Essays must be 700 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, excluding essay title and cover page. Essays may be typed or printed.
- Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
- Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
- Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizer.
Entries submitted by postal mail must include a cover page (free format) indicating:
(1) category (Children or Youth) (2) your essay title (3) your name (4) address (5) phone number (6) e-mail (7) nationality (8) age as of June 15, 2018 (9) gender (10) school name (if applicable) (11) word count.
Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group. Please enclose a list of participants’ names, ages and the name and contact information of the submitting teacher or director.
Entries missing any of the above information will not be considered.
Interested in participating in the GOI Foundation Essay Contest 2018? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.