Deadline: ongoing | Apply here
Eligibility: university students currently enrolled in a 4 year BA/BS program, majoring, or intending to major in Computer Science or a closely related field at a university. Must be in their second year of education. Students should have programming experience in either Java, Python, C, or C++.
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Google Engineering Practicum Internship 2017
Google’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search.
Google is looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day.
As an Engineering Practicum Intern, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. Google needs its engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
As a key member of a small and versatile team, you design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions.
Google aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our search engine and tools serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services.
Google is invested in increasing the pipeline of future computer scientists and software developers, particularly those who are historically underrepresented in the field. Many aspiring computer scientists could benefit from a program that bridges the gap between academic study and a professional internship. They want to inspire these students to continue in the field with this program.
With this in mind, Google announces that the 2017 Engineering Practicum internship program will now be open to university students currently in their second year, majoring, or intending to major in Computer Science or a related field.
This program includes:
- Software Project: A three-month development project that you will work on in a team of Googlers and other Engineering Practicum interns.
- Skills-Based Training: Enhance your coding skills. Gain exposure to new tools and programming languages.
- Professional Development: Attend ongoing technical talks by senior Googlers. Additionally, learn how to enhance your resume, dive into technical interviews and improve your presentation and communication skills.
- Mentorship: Be matched with a Google engineer, other than your manager, to guide you through your summer experience.
- Fun: Engage in social activities, community building and networking. Build relationships with your peers.
- Exposure: Gain a unique glimpse into applying your computer science studies in a professional environment.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. It hires people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.