Deadline: varies depending on the country | Apply here
Eligibility: top business and technical students
Duration: 10-12 weeks
Location: The United States, Canada, Europe, China, and India
IBM Extreme Blue program
IBM will take your education to the next level. The company is talking real-world projects, training programs and everything you need to launch your career. How’s that for getting ahead of the class?
What is Extreme Blue?
There are summer internships, and then there’s IBM Extreme Blue program.
Think of it as the opportunity to run your own business, with the support, expertise, and backing of one of the world’s leading technology companies. Extreme Blue program at IBM isn’t your average summer internship it is 12 weeks of intense creative thinking.
Working in a small team of students, you’ll tackle a real business problem. Your task? Develop an idea to solve it – one that no one else has thought of – and then, turn that idea into a real product.
When the 12 weeks are up, you’ll showcase it to IBM executives, business partners, and clients. Expectations will be high and the results will be scrutinized closely. So, it’s not an easy ride – but we guarantee it’ll be an incredible experience.
Where else could you experience all this?
- Develop a technology and business plan to bring a new product to life in just 12 weeks.
- Have the product you developed potentially used by millions of people around the world (and even be front page news).
- Have the freedom to work on a project with no constraints – we want you to be creative, push yourself and your team to come up with new ideas
- Get real life client facing experience – by presenting your ideas and concepts to IBM’s clients, business partners and often the press
- A unique opportunity to develop not only your business and technical skills but also skills such as teamwork, project management, presentation skills
- Grow your network by building relationships with influential people
- Learn from and work with some of the most creative technical and business minds in the world.
- Have access to technology and thinking that’s beyond cutting-edge.
- Pick up a huge range of skills and get unique, real-world experience on your CV
- Make great friends – and work with them in some really cool surroundings.
What opportunities IBM offers?
You’ll work side-by-side with experienced master inventors to develop the next big thing. It’s an amazing opportunity to advance your skills with a group of leading tech gurus.
You’ll work in a team of 2~4 students. In these teams, your challenge will be to develop the technology and business plan that you can deploy this year as a new product to life for IBM or prototyping technology that’s 2-3 years away from release.
You’ll be the one managing the project, keeping the project on schedule, meeting targets and objectives, that’ll involve dealing directly with clients, determining the features your solution will need and putting together a watertight business case.