Deadline: February 28, 2018 00:00 (GMT-0800)
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game] | Apply here
Eligibility: Students and young professionals between the ages of 18-35 years from around the world are invited participate.
Ideas for Action Competition 2018
Ideas for Action is a platform connecting young leaders all around the world who have valuable thoughts and ideas about the 2030 Development Agenda, the Sustainable Development Goals, and any other topic related to the future development of our world.
The Ideas for Action competition engages young people from around the world to encourage them to develop and share their ideas for financing solutions.
The competition is intended to help catalyze a global conversation among young people all around the world.
Conversations happen virtually, over social media networks, and in person, and we hope that you will engage with others who share your passion for international development.
Ideas for Action aims to engage young people to contribute their own voice to the conversation.
Interactions happen virtually, over social media networks, and in person.
Every year, Ideas for Action and its partners host events all around the world where you can meet people from your own region who are passionate about global development.
Call for proposals for the Ideas for Action Competition 2018
If you have a passion for international development or social entrepreneurship, you are highly encouraged to submit an idea to the 2018 Ideas for Action competition.
The purpose of the competition is to empower young leaders to share their ideas for financing and implementing the UN’s Sustainable Development Agenda.
The finalists and winners will be selected by a panel of academics and experienced development professionals from public and private sector institutions.
Winners of the competition get the opportunity to:
- Present their ideas at an event during the Annual Meetings of the IMF and the World Bank Group
- Receive support from a project incubator at the Wharton School, and
- Benefit from unique networking opportunities with experts from international development, academia, and the private sector.
- Students and young professionals between the ages of 18-35 years from around the world are invited participate.
- Team Registration: Teams must consist of two to six members and may be formed across different schools, institutions, companies, countries, nationalities, etc.
Who should apply?
- Innovative Ideas: Developing innovative ideas that positively shape both the policy and business ecosystem, thus providing an enabling environment where novel ideas can flourish and a too narrow focus on “business plans” can be avoided.
- Policy-Making: Influencing leading development, public policy, and business leaders so that they can make more informed decisions that also reflect the inspiration and dedication of young people and their leadership and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Implementation: Ideas for Action strive to move from innovative ideas to actionable solutions. They seek to develop scalable partnership models in the fields of entrepreneurship, finance, development economics, technology, health, education, and environment.
- Community: Providing young leaders from around the world with access to knowledge, networking opportunities, mentorship, opportunities to connect with like-minded youths, a dedicated incubator, and potential financing opportunities.
Interested in attending the Ideas for Action Competition 2018? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.