Deadline: April 30, 2018 00:00 (CEST)| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: Innovative and self-starting individuals who have worked on either project, event or a start-up
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The Immersion Project 2018
A fellowship that matches young undiscovered talents looking to get into the tech sector with the opportunity to learn directly from CEOs/MDs of tech companies while working on revenue-focused projects in their companies.
Africa (to streamline, Nigeria) needs to build good businesses that will service its economy and also increase the value created in the region.
The investment space is increasing year on year but human resources are not scaling at the same pace. TIP is working with executives in the tech space to take on young talents and train them.
TIP has three main objectives
- Create a professional network: Fellows can build a relationship with mates of like minds and founders of partner companies. This is a good jump start for their in the tech space.
- Professional Growth: Fellows get to learn from founders/MDs that they won’t have had access to for a period of 6 months. This is to augment what they have learnt from the books.
- Exposure to Real Business: Fellows will work on real projects that will actually contribute to the growth of the company. They will have a taste of running a company inside a company and this will build their mental muscle.
The ideal candidate profile
The Immersion Project is looking for innovative and self-starting individuals who have worked on either project, event or a start-up.
They must have deep passion for learning and scaling tech businesses.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A mindset of giving back to the community
- They will be organizing the third cohort of TIP
- Experienced in building a project, event or start-up
- Hunger to succeed in what they commit to
- Very smart
- Track record of completing what they start
- They must have domain expertise in one field e.g. Sales, Digital Marketing, Programming, Design etc.
- Fellows will be assigned to one founder of a tech company
- They will learn from him/her as they work on a revenue-focused project
- Fellows will also partake in a fortnight master class of 12 founders
- They will also get stipends for transportation and feeding
Interested in applying for The Immersion Project 2018? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.