Deadline: May 1, 2020 00:00 (CEST)| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: Your company must be purpose-driven, for-profit, and focused on having a positive impact on people and/or the planet and you must qualify to apply for Canada’s Startup-Visa (SUV) program
Location: Vancouver, Canada
IMPACT Startup Visa Accelerator 2020
Spring’s IMPACT Startup Visa (ISV) Accelerator is a comprehensive 4-month program that combines a traditional acceleration program with the processes and support to help you settle into a new life in Canada.
Move to Canada to scale your business & maximize your impact through the country’s only impact-first Startup Visa program
Based in Vancouver and operating under the banner of Canada’s Startup-Visa (SUV) – a program that supports innovation and job creation in the country – ISV combines the training, mentorship, opportunities, and connections you need to help unlock growth and crystallize your company’s impact on people and the planet.
The program focuses on five key objectives:
- Providing you with pre-program support about moving to Canada and setting up the right foundation for your business and family
- Introducing you to the Canadian entrepreneurship ecosystem as well as our consumer and business cultures
- Delivering training and mentorship that cover all aspects of doing business
- Helping you maximize your impact on the world through better definition & measurement
- Teaching you the process and providing the tools you need to successfully raise capital to fuel your efforts
Who should apply
ISV is a great fit if…
- Your company is purpose-driven, for-profit, and focused on having a positive impact on people and/or the planet
- You want to maximize your market opportunity and impact as a for-profit entity
- You can demonstrate that your vision will be best served by moving permanently to Canada
- You’re able to clearly articulate the problem you solve and how your unique world-changing approach brings compelling value to the market
- You can demonstrate measurable customer validation and progress
- You can show that you have the financial capital to support the effort (see criteria for permanent residence or work permit)
- You qualify to apply for Canada’s Startup-Visa (SUV) program
- Pre-arrival business advisory
Advice on business strategy, incorporation, sales, and marketing. We can connect you with local experts, law firms, and accounting firms for more detailed support should you need it.
- The 4-month in-person accelerator program
Includes access to online training modules and weekly learning sessions delivered by some of Vancouver’s top business trainers and experienced mentors that cover topics like goal setting, sales strategy & execution, marketing, and more.
- Access to a vetted network of local and global experts
Spring’s internal team of experienced entrepreneurs and our network of 500+ mentors, investors, and business partners are poised to help you get the help you need to propel your business forward.
- Specialized workshops and guest speaker sessions
Based on the cohort’s needs, our program management team will curate a lineup of guest experts and workshop facilitators to increase your knowledge in specialized areas like sales & marketing, growth hacking, team & leadership, legal, finance, and more.
- Introductions to relevant ecosystem players
When applicable, our team will facilitate a connection between your business and relevant partners, investors, funding opportunities, business services, and more.
- Program graduation pitch event & celebration
The applicants pitch their business ideas at Spring’s graduation event celebrating the culmination of the program. The event is attended by community stakeholders, investors, entrepreneurs and mentors.
What’s not included?
- Housing accommodation
We can make recommendations but are unable to provide designated living spaces.
- Financial investment
No financial investment will be made into the business by Spring.
- Cost of living and doing business
Expenses such as the cost of incorporating, business licenses, legal consultation fees, housing, and more are your own responsibility.
- Legal advice
Spring doesn’t provide any legal advice but can recommend lawyers or consultants to help you with your legal queries.
Interested in applying for the IMPACT Startup Visa Accelerator 2020? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.