Deadline: May 31, 2018 00:00 (CEST)
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game] | Register here
Eligibility: Open to all individuals and teams of up to 4 members
Students, design professionals, artists, and engineers are encouraged to apply. All work submitted for the competition must be the entrant’s original work. Entrant(s) may not submit work that has been implemented or that have been designed on the basis of any agreement
Prizes: cash prizes and recognition
Registration fee: USD 40/60,-
Innovative Minds 2018: Regenesis Architectural Design Competition
Innovative Minds 2018: Regenesis is an exploration into the relationship between the virtual world blending with physical architecture.
As the frequency of disasters increase around the world, designers need to address these events with new architectural strategies.
A regenesis with virtual and physical design solutions needs to be explored in this competition.
How can virtual and physical systems work in tandem to solve issues related to disasters? Can these designs create a safer world in the aftermath?
Some disasters occur on a macro scale and others on a micro scale, but both have significant impacts on a community.
Explore local, site-specific solutions informed by virtual processes and also how these solutions could potentially impact the global community.
Enhance our world by instilling a regenesis with virtual and physical architecture.
- First Place Winner: $1,000 USD
- Second Place Winner: $200 USD
- Third Place Winner: $100 USD
- Honorable Mentions – Selected number of projects based on judging review
- All the projects will be published on the gURROO website.
Project files must be submitted electronically by June 1, 2018 and include:
- A text file (.doc) containing team member names, school or firm if necessary and the location of the individual/team (country, city, state).
- Project Statement in 300 words or less (.doc) file format. English is the official language of the competition.
- Two (2) horizontal boards, 24″ x 36″ 300 dpi in PDF format (.pdf).
Interested in attending the Innovative Minds 2018? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.