Deadline: January 25, 2019 16:59 (CET)| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: Start-up companies, entrepreneurs and students or recent graduates based in Canada are eligible to apply.
IT’S A START Pitch Competition 2019
One of Toronto’s leading pitch competitions is back! The Digital Media and Gaming Incubator at George Brown College is proud to present the IT’S A START Pitch Competition 2019.
Next April, ten startups will be selected to pitch their ideas in front of a live audience and judges at Digifest 2019.
All startups have the opportunity to pitch their business idea, convince the judges of its value, and impress the crowd in 5 minutes for the chance to win cash, space along with an opportunity to attend Beijing’s Overseas Talent Entrepreneurship Conference (OTEC).
Who should apply?
If you have a smart sustainable future idea, please submit an application. Everyone from creative professionals, budding entrepreneurs, new startups, students or recent graduates is invited to submit.
Whether your business is a Mobile App, Game, VR/AR Media, Content Property, Product, Digital Design, AI Innovation, or Robotic Innovation, we would love to hear your ground breaking ideas.
New this year – we are intruding a GBC Student Category for GBC Students and Alumni! You can submit your general business idea, it does not have to be a tech related business
- First Prize: $5K cash; 12 months of office space at the Digital Media and Gaming Incubator
- Second Prize: $3K cash; 6 months of office space at the Digital Media and Gaming Incubator
- Third Prize: $2K cash; 6 months of hotdesk space at the Digital Media and Gaming Incubator
- Project entries or ideas must be the original work of the applicant(s) and the business must be registered 3 years or less;
- Applicant(s) who have submitted to IT’S A START pitch competition in the past and have not qualified as a finalist can re-submit a proposal, however, you must be able to demonstrate how the project or idea has changed;
- The product, service, technology, game, device or initiative must already be in operation with proven early traction.
Interested in applying for the IT’S A START Pitch Competition 2019? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.