Deadline: April 15, 2024 23:59 GMT-0500| Apply here
Eligibility: PhD graduate with academic employment
Location: George Mason University, Fairfax, US
Prize: an award of up to $8,000
Do you like the ideas of Adam Smith’s political economy? Join the James Buchanan Fellowship by Mercatus Center for a year-long fellowship.
Give yourself a chance to learn contemporary applications of these ideas to questions in social sciences dealing with the dynamics and institutional underpinnings of economic, political, and social coordination.
Eligibility for James Buchanan Fellowship
If you think you would benefit from a better understanding of key writings in political economy, then check if you fulfill the following criteria:
- be a graduate of a doctoral program within the last six years
- have employment as an academic at an accredited university or an organization dedicated to in-depth research in social sciences or other sciences
- be able to take part in colloquia (three weekends) during the upcoming academic year
Additionally, upon selection, you must:
- be employed during the participation in the program at an academic institution/organization
- be an active participant in all scheduled events including social activities
- arrive on time and read the assigned material for each colloquia session
- complete evaluation surveys at the end of each colloquium and the end of the fellowship
- keep an updated valid postal address to which packages can be shipped
- provide on request and updates curriculum vita throughout the program
Once selected as a fellow, you qualify for an award of up to $8,000, covering a stipend, all necessary reading materials, as well as expenses for travel and lodging to attend colloquia.
You will be able to spend three weekends in residence at George Mason University with discussions on mainline political economy. Additionally, you will join the Mercatus network of students, alumni, and scholars, who are involved with cutting-edge research in contemporary political economy.
See Mercatus Center website for more information about the Fellowship and application process.
Interested in applying for the James Buchanan Fellowship? Register your participation by following the application link and taking the suggested steps.