Application: Opens September 5, 2016 | Apply here
Duration: 13 months
Eligibility: International applicants
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Kick-start your career and hone your commercial instincts on a global stage, working for the world’s most iconic Irish Whiskey brand.
The Jameson Graduate Programme has launched many careers within Group Pernod Ricard. Like their whiskey, we take enormous pride in the quality of our graduates who continue to make a significant contribution to the Jameson brand worldwide.
Becoming a Jameson Brand Ambassador is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work closely with local brand teams in international markets, and introduce the world to the Jameson way of life.
The variety of the Brand Ambassador role sets it apart from nearly all other graduate programmes. Brand Ambassadors work across a wide range of marketing activities such as brand activation, education and mentoring. You’ll work with local brand teams and off your own initiative, and will also be on first name terms with bartenders, distributors, bloggers and event organisers.
After your initial four weeks of intensive training in our head office in Dublin, you will arrive at your foreign market, meet the team, acclimatise and apply suncream / thermal layers where necessary. Each market has its own challenges but you can expect the following to be on your to do list:
- Convert 25-35 year olds to the Jameson way of life through trial, market research and local media channels
- Help plan, strategise and initiate marketing opportunities to get Jameson into the hands of urban trendsetters around the world
- Become a social media mogul; Tweeting, blogging and Instafacing (okay we made that one up, but we would expect you stay on top of the latest social media trends) about your progress
- Influence the big players in your market, from distributors to barmen and loyal brand advocates
- Support your local brand team in all their market activations
- Stay one step ahead of our competitors with research and strategy
- Immerse yourself in the local culture and become our eyes and ears on the ground
Qualifications are essential, having an international language is desirable and the following will also help you stand out from the crowd.
- You’re a creative thinker and a highly enthusiastic self-starter, but probably don’t use phrases like self-starter
- You have strong business know-how
- You’re independent, self-motivated and can work off your own initiative
- You are passionate about brand marketing
- You’re outgoing, confident and an excellent communicator
- You’re willing and able to adapt to new countries and cultures
- You have a positive attitude towards problem solving (This is where your creativity comes in)
- You’re a hard worker, obviously
- You embody the Jameson spirit of warmth, charisma and wit
- You’re driven to succeed (with a full driver’s licence)
Apart from the opportunity to fast track your international career ambitions with the world’s most iconic and best-selling Irish whiskey brand, some other perks of the Jameson international brand ambassador programme include:
- 4-week induction training programme in Head Office, Dublin
- 1-week comprehensive whiskey education at The Irish Whiskey Academy in Midleton Distillery, Co. Cork
- 12-month international market placement
- Competitive salary
- Two return flights to Ireland per year (for business purposes)
- Mobile phone
- Company Car (where applicable in market)