Deadline: May 8, 2018 00:00 (CEST)| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: Candidates must be aged between 18 and 30 at the time of the 2018 OYW Summit. You must be working on the front lines of delivering care (i.e. you may be a social entrepreneur or working for a social enterprise, medical facility and/or an NGO, or you may be a birth attendant, nurse, doctor or an individual dedicated to health and care giving to underserved communities)
Location: The Hague, The Netherlands
Johnson & Johnson One Young World Scholarship Program 2018
The Johnson & Johnson Global Community Impact Team supports and champions the people on the front lines who are at the heart of delivering care.
The Team leads the global Johnson & Johnson partnership with One Young World and believes that changing the trajectory of health for humanity requires putting people first so that communities and health systems have the ability to address the health needs of the world’s most vulnerable people.
Through its global and community-based partnerships and programs, the Team aims to support the next generation of global and community-based health leaders to develop the skills and tools they need to drive health and well-being in underserved communities.
For the second year running, Johnson & Johnson Global Community Impact is collaborating with One Young World to offer scholarships to 12 aspiring young leaders across the globe to participate in the 2018 Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program. This represents a significant expansion of last year’s program which supported eight scholars.
Who should apply?
If you are a young leader (aged 18-30) working within health and/or caregiving, then this scholarship is for you.
You may be a social entrepreneur or working for a social enterprise, medical facility and/or an NGO, or you may be a birth attendant, nurse, doctor or an individual dedicated to health and care giving to underserved communities.
As well as attending the upcoming One Young World Summit, scholarship recipients will receive individual coaching from senior Johnson & Johnson leaders to further develop their aspiration, strategy and/or initiatives.
Note: The Johnson & Johnson One Young World Scholarship Program will run from July 2018 – January 2019. All scholar recipients will be expected to invest 10% of their time in this program and to attend regular Johnson & Johnson webinars and calls.
What does the Johnson & Johnson | OYW Scholarship provide?
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, The Netherlands
- The cost of travel to and from The Hague, The Netherlands (economy flights only)
- Hotel accommodation in a single room from 16-20 October inclusive
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner, during these days
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- Participation in the 2018 Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program
- Individual coaching with senior Johnson & Johnson leaders
- Buddying with 2018 Johnson & Johnson delegates prior, during and post Summit
- Participation in webinars and conference calls throughout the duration of the Program
- Passion for global and local health/care issues
- Leadership and innovation on the front lines of care
- Willingness to share and learn from others
- Commitment to invest 10% of their time to the Program
Interested in applying for the Johnson & Johnson One Young World Scholarship Program 2018? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.