Deadline: June 16, 2017 | Register here
Eligibility: The competition is open to all full time university students including (undergraduate, postgraduates and doctoral students), college and polytechnics students. Each team can have at least 2 and up to 5 members, with at least one core member being current university students.
Lee Kuan Yew Global Business Plan Competition 2017
Lee Kuan Yew Global Business Plan Competition (LKYGBPC) derives its name from Singapore’s founding prime minister, who developed the country’s defining business plan bringing the Asian city onto the global stage.
It is this spirit of intelligence, entrepreneurship, innovation and ambition the competition enshrines as it invites the brightest minds from the world’s most entrepreneurial universities to come together to tackle the challenges of the 21’st century.
The competition is a platform for Singapore to engage with the global innovation & entrepreneurship community, and showcase our innovation capability and ambition to the rest of the world
The 2017 topic: Smart City
This year participants are invited to propose innovative technology/data centric products and services that address the opportunities and challenges a smart city faces in the following areas:
- Personalised Medicine
- Mobile Healthcare
- Smart Medical Devices
- Preventive Healthcare
- Assistive Technologies
- Digital Clinics/Hospitals
- Disaster Management
- Weather Solutions
- Water Management
- Waste Management
- Environmental/Location Sensors
- Data-Driven Urban Planning
- Smart Home
- Smart Office Building
- Public Safety
- Surveillance Technology
- Future of Work
- Urban Farming
- Smart Production/Manufacturing
- Faster/Smarter Transportation
- Smart Parking
- Traffic/Transit Data
- Alternative Personal Transportation
- Logistics and Supply Chain Tech
- Crowd Management
- Congestion Management
- Government/Civic Services
- Emergency Services
- Legal Tech
- Regulatory Technologies
- Sharing Economy
- Smart Retail
- Cyber Security
The submission will be evaluated based on the following criteria
- Innovativeness of Business Idea
- Commercial Feasibility
- Impact of Idea – Market, Societal Impact & Sustainability
- Capability to Execute
Teams must meet all the following eligibility requirements in order to be selected to compete:
- Student Enrolment: The competition is open to all full-time university students (including undergraduate, postgraduates and doctoral students), college and polytechnic students.
- Team Size & Composition: Each team can have at least 2 and up to 5 members, with at least one core member being current university students.
- Each individual member may be a part of only one team. In the event members are part of more than one team, all such teams will be disqualified.
Nature of Venture:
The competition is for new, independent ventures in the seed, start-up, or early growth stages. Ventures should not exceed more than US$250,000 in gross revenue and have raised not more than US$250,000 in equity funding as at 16th June 2017 (excluding funds invested by founders).
Teams will participate in intensive startup workshops, attend events featuring prominent entrepreneurs and venture capitalists in Asia, have direct access to acclaimed mentors and visit key innovation hotspots in Singapore.
All expenses paid: Return flights, accommodation, meals & transport.