Deadline: March 9, 2018 00:00 (CET) | Apply here
Dates: June 18 - August 24, 2018
Eligibility: Teams of 2 to 4 people may submit applications as a team. Teams of one will not be accepted. Each team must include at least one person who was a full-time student (graduate or undergraduate in Engineering or Computer Science) in the 2017-2018 academic year. All team members who receive the Fellowship funds must work in our office in Menlo Park, California full-time for 10 weeks during the summer.
Location: Menlo Park, The United States
Lightspeed Venture Partners Summer Fellowship 2018
Lightspeed’s 10-week Summer Fellowship gives highly motivated entrepreneurs, with at least one engineering or CS student on their team, the resources, guidance, and connections they need to grow their ventures.
To cover living and business expenses during the program, each selected team will receive $5,000, plus $15,000 per team member.
Teams will have access to office space in Menlo Park— complete with equipment, scenic views, common areas, a fully stocked kitchen, and even a shower—and will be matched with one or two Lightspeed investment professionals for mentorship throughout the summer.
Other investment professionals will also be on hand to provide advice and guidance. Fellows are under no obligation to Lightspeed, nor will Lightspeed receive equity as part of the program.
- Teams of 2 to 4. Teams of one are not accepted.
- At least one team member who was a full-time student (graduate or undergraduate in Engineering or Computer Science) during the 2017-2018 academic year.
- All team members who receive the Fellowship funds must work in the Menlo Park Office full-time for 10 weeks during the summer.
- If ANY of your team members change after the application deadline, you will be required to apply again.
- $15,000 / individual + $5,000 / team (no equity, no obligation)
- Close mentoring by 1-2 Lightspeed partners
- Office space on Sand Hill Road
- Free cloud services: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud & Microsoft Azure
Throughout the program, a number of added resources is offered.
The Venture Series course covers topics like hiring and compensation, venture capital economics, pitching investors, initial strategies, and career advice.
They also bring in weekly speakers and angel investors, many of whom have become advisors to past teams, to share their insights and offer advice. And each Monday over lunch, all fellows are invited to join young founders and executives to learn about their startup experiences.
Interested in applying for the Lightspeed Venture Partners Summer Fellowship? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.