Deadline: February 9, 2018 00:00 PST
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game] | Apply here
Dates: April 9-21, 2018
Eligibility: Everyone between the age of 18 and 35 who is passionate about the Sustainable Development Goals and want to commit time to make a positive change
Prices: starting from GBP 975,-
Location: Manila & Bohol, Philippines
Merit360 is the biggest and loudest call to action concerning the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
This 10-month program will connect you with like-minded people from all over the world, guide you through a process of designing a human-centered solution to combat a specific problem of your chosen SDG.
Starting with a virtual process to get to know your team and analyze your chosen SDG, followed by a face-to-face conference in the Philippines to afterward return to your home country and implement the 6-month pilot project!
Together we can make the impact on a scale our world needs.
- 10-04-2018 / 21-04-2018 Offline Program full-time
- 01-05-2018 / 31-10-2018 Implementation Phase Pilot Project 6 hours a week.
- Leadership Skills – including how to work in a virtual international team, communication and empowerment skills.
- Networking opportunities.
- Personal Development – Gain confidence and become more focused your life passion and purpose.
- Social Entrepreneurship knowledge and skills
- A sustainable project plan – Each SDG group will develop a project plan to be implemented in global communities.
- Global Network – Connect across cultures; meet other young people from all over the world!
- Connections with experts – Leaders of each SDG at Merit360 will mentor and support project ideas from participants.
Role and commitment
Action Plan Executor
- Work in an international team, identifying a specific problem within your chosen SDG, applying the human-centered design to develop an innovative and viable solution which your team, in cooperation with the bigger World Merit community, will implement.
- As an Action Plan Executor, participating in this 10-month program, you are expected to fully participate in the 13 days offline program, commit +8 hours to the virtual process and implementation phase. Flexibility is important due to different time-zones and cross-cultural team-work.
- Who should join? Everyone to who is passionate about the SDGs and really wants to commit time and effort in developing viable solutions for on the ground action
Action Plan Facilitator
- Facilitate an international team of +10 individuals, virtually and offline. You will lead, manage and coach your team so they are empowered, guided & nurtured. Your goal is to establish a strong team so they can achieve what they want to achieve.
- As an Action Plan Facilitator, participating in this 10-month program, you are expected to commit to the training process before the offline event, fully participate in the 2-day APF prep and 13 days offline program, and commit +8 hours a week to facilitate the virtual process and implementation phase. Flexibility is important due to different time-zones and cross-cultural team-work.
- Who should join? Everyone who has a fair amount of facilitation experience with cross-cultural groups. Have a very pro-active, flexible and empathic mindset. Walk-the-talk in your passion for the SDGs.
What is included?
All delegates will be covered for all on-site costs, including 12-night lodging, 3 meals per day, internet, local transport, T-shirts, leadership colloquium, delegate-led seminars, recreational facilities, networking programs and events.
This includes the opportunity to develop and hone skills in communication, as well as project development, management and all support required to establish a fully functioning initiative.
Interested in attending the Merit 360 2018? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.