Deadline: February 13, 2019 00:00 CET| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: Entrepreneurs over 18 years of age with innovative ideas in education
Milken-Penn GSE Education Business Plan Competition 2019
With a rich history of success, the EBPC has awarded over $1,000,000 in cash prizes since 2010, and winners and finalists have gone on to raise more than $135 million in additional funding.
Through its dynamic ecosystem, the EBPC celebrates meaningful innovations that address persistent and emerging problems in education.
Who should apply
The EBPC welcomes entrepreneurs with innovative ideas in education in areas of focus including:
- Urban Education
- Connecting Research to Practice
- Teaching & Learning
- Technology in Grades K through 12
- Special Education & At-Risk Students
- Open & Collaborative Solutions: The Education Ecosystem
- Online & Distance Learning in Higher Education
- Global/Borderless Education Solutions
- Early Childhood Education
- Workforce Learning
Educational entrepreneurship business plans should outline the problem they address, offer a solution, and discuss scaling possibilities for bringing the proposed innovation to additional settings.
Broadly construed, educational entrepreneurship initiatives can address a wide range of educational issues.
This competition encourages applications in every conceivable educational setting – from early childhood through corporate/adult training, in settings and contexts anywhere in the world.
Round 1 is open to applicants who currently generate revenue, grants, customers, or investors, as well as those with well-conceived plans to do so.
Semi-Finalists selected from Round 1 will receive:
- 1-on-1 Mentorship with industry specialists
- Free access to Catalyst Bootcamps that explore the essentials of startup strategies and plans for growth
- Showcase your venture and receive valuable feedback at a thought leadership event concurrent with ISTE in Philadelphia
- Opportunities to take your business idea to the next level
Round 2 is open to Semi-Finalists from Round 1 who have the exclusive opportunity to submit a refined application enriched by this development process with Catalyst.
Finalists selected from Round 2 will pitch their venture at the EBPC Finals in Philadelphia for the chance to win cash prizes and share their idea with investors, entrepreneurs, and educational thought-leaders.
Interested in applying for the Milken-Penn GSE Education Business Plan Competition 2019? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.