Submission opens on January 9, 2020
Deadline: February 13, 2020 00:00 (CET)| Apply here
Eligibility: The competition is open to any individual above 18 years old who currently generate revenue, grants, customers, or investors, as well as those with well-conceived plans to do so
Milken-Penn GSE Education Business Plan Competition 2020
The Milken-Penn GSE Education Business Plan Competition (EBPC) is open to applicants worldwide and offers a tremendous opportunity to entrepreneurs and investors alike.
With a rich history of success, the EBPC has awarded over $1,000,000 in cash prizes since 2010, and winners and finalists have gone on to raise more than $135 million in additional funding.
Through its dynamic ecosystem, the EBPC celebrates meaningful innovations that address persistent and emerging problems in education.
Who should apply
The EBPC welcomes entrepreneurs with innovative ideas in education in areas of focus including:
- Urban Education
- Connecting Research to Practice
- Teaching & Learning
- Technology in Grades K through 12
- Special Education & At-Risk Students
- Open & Collaborative Solutions: The Education Ecosystem
- Online & Distance Learning in Higher Education
- Global/Borderless Education Solutions
- Early Childhood Education
- Workforce Learning
Round 1 is open to applicants who currently generate revenue, grants, customers, or investors, as well as those with well-conceived plans to do so.
Semifinalists selected from Round 1 will receive:
- 1-on-1 Mentorship with industry specialists
- Free access to Catalyst Bootcamps that explore the essentials of startup strategies and plans for growth
- Showcase your venture and receive valuable feedback at a thought leadership event concurrent with ISTE in Philadelphia
- Opportunities to take your business idea to the next level
Round 2 is open to Semifinalists from Round 1 who have the exclusive opportunity to submit a refined application enriched by this development process with Catalyst.
Finalists selected from Round 2 will pitch their venture at the EBPC Finals in Philadelphia for the chance to win cash prizes and share their idea with investors, entrepreneurs, and educational thought-leaders.
- Milken Family Foundation Grand Prize: $40,000 cash + $20,000 in Amazon Web Services Promotional Credits
- American Public University System Prize: $25,000 cash
- NEXT / Shulman Rogers Audience Choice Prize: $15,000 cash
Interested in applying for the Milken-Penn GSE Education Business Plan Competition 2020? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.