Deadline: October 31, 2016 | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Dates: December 1-2, 2016
Eligibility: International mature startups
Costs: €500 grant to cover associated expenses
Location: Nice, France
Do you want to accelerate your startup?
Apply for Nitro: the extreme acceleration event!
Startup Europe is proudly launching Nitro: the extreme acceleration event, where 20 selected European startups will be invited to work with corporates, expert consultants, and investors to fully gear up for the next chapter in their future development.
Nitro: the extreme acceleration event
Startups in the Growth phase can apply for Nitro: the Extreme Acceleration Event. The event is tailored to the specific needs of startups and will be taking place on the 1st and 2nd December 2016 in Sophia Antipolis, France.
During the Nitro: the extreme acceleration event, 20 international mature startups will work for 2 intensive days, along with consultants from Capgemini Consulting, Europe Unlimited, Inovamais, INTRASOFT, the European Crowdfunding Network, and the European Business Angels Network on topics ranging all the way starting from customer journey to investment readiness, from sales to innovation management.
- Investment Readiness
- Pitching Session
- Growth & Internationalisation through European Funding
- Growth & Internationalisation Strategies: Sales
- Customer Journey Design
- Intermediaries to Innovation Management in the Digital Era
- Innovation Governance
- Negotiating a Technology Agreement
- Grow with the Crowd
The key point will be that the startups themselves choose which topics they want to work on before, during and after the event. They will have the opportunity to use the experience as well as the knowledge of these four groups of consultants.
Even more so, delegates of large corporations and investors will be present as well, creating the opportunity for the startups to present their products and services and receive feedback from representatives of their actual target group and potential customers. Long story short, this will be a great opportunity to apply the new insights from the consulting sessions against the standards of the market.
All of this will be set up in a truly interactive environment, where real working sessions will be creating value for the startups.
Furthermore, a special edition of Micro-Grants has been designed to support the participation by covering their travel cost up to an amount of €500. Within the same application from, startups applying for Nitro: the Extreme Acceleration event, can additionally request a micro-grants to cover part of their travel costs.
The Nitro: the extreme acceleration event is open to startups that fit the following profile:
- You are a mature startup that already has a (small) customer base in your domestic market and is on the brink of international expansion
- You can be classified as a web-entrepreneur
- You have a good understanding of your needs to make the next stage
Interested startups can apply online for Nitro: the extreme acceleration event via F6S platform until October 31, 2016. After being selected, the startups will be contacted for the pre-work on their chosen topics. Apply here!
- Startup identification;
- Startup members identification (up to 3 team members);
- Startup description (short pitch);
- Motivation behind the participation in Nitro: the Extreme Acceleration Event
- Fields in which the startups require support from consultants
- Additional information on the startup’s product and service, competitors and market opportunities
In case the startup is also applying for the micro-grants:
- Estimated participation cost;
More information on how to apply can be found in the “Guide for applicants”.
Criteria for evaluation
The evaluation and approval of applications received will be made upon total discretion of the ePlus Consortium and will take into consideration:
- the relevance of the activity towards the applicant’s background;
- the added-value of the activity for his/her startup growth or development;
A maximum of 4 points will be assigned.