Dates: November 10 – 11, 2016 | Register here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Prices: starting from USD 695,-
Location: Chicago, The United States
Nonprofit Storytelling Conference
Tom’s organization received their largest donation ever – and it all started with a story.
After attending the Nonprofit Storytelling Conference, Tom started telling stories differently. Donors took notice. The income from his newsletter more than doubled. But that wasn’t the best part.
One of his stories attracted a brand new donor.
The donor made a whopping donation of $180,000. Can you imagine getting a donation that large from a brand new donor? …but this donor’s story doesn’t end there.
The donor wanted to do more.
Fast forward one month, and the same donor gave a second gift. This time the donation was for 1.24 million dollars. If you add that to the donor’s initial donation, it adds up to an unbelievable $1,420,00.00. And it all started with a story.
With better stories, you can raise more money.
Tom’s fundraising results may not be typical, but many of the past fundraising and communications people who attended the Nonprofit Storytelling Conference have reported amazing results.
It all comes down to this…
In order to raise more money, you must get people excited to support your cause. And the best way to do that is by telling better stories.
At this year’s Nonprofit Storytelling Conference you will learn how to tell better stories across the many aspects of fundraising and donor communications.
You’ll learn how to tap into your donor’s emotions.
You’ll learn about digital media storytelling, major donor storytelling, visual storytelling, and telling stories at special events. You’ll learn the basics of storytelling as well as some advanced storytelling techniques – such as how to structure and implement a series of stories to increase donations and donor retention.
Welcome to a different world
The Nonprofit Storytelling Conference is unlike any conference you’ve ever attended.
The goal of Nonprofit Storytelling Conference is to create a space where you’ll feel nurtured and cared for. As you dive deep into the world of storytelling and connecting with donors, the organizers also want you to have a great time and feel inspired when you leave.
Six storytelling tracks
How well do you tell stories?
Are you great at telling stories in your newsletter but not as good telling stories face to face? Could you be better at telling stories through social media or at special events?
Raising money demands different types of storytelling.
At this year’s conference, you’ll be able to focus on different types of storytelling – to improve your fundraising. You’ll be able to choose the sessions you want from six different storytelling tracks.
This track focuses on story construction, and the techniques you’ll need to craft compelling stories, including
- Story Arcs
- Choosing the right characters (clients)
- Building conflict
- Story Structure
- Words and phrases people respond to
- Finding and collecting stories
- Making donors the hero of your story
- Visual Storytelling
- Building a story culture at your organization
This track focuses on telling stories through digital media platforms and social media. Learn about:
- Finding an audience
- Where to tell your stories
- Crafting shareable stories
- Using story campaigns to engage new supporters
- Using digital media for end of year appeals
- Using stories to steward donors online
- Attracting attention with images
- Using stories to start conversations
Special event storytelling
This track focuses on telling stories leading up to your event, at your event, and after your event. Learn about:
- Using stories to get people excited to come to your event
- Crafting a money raising client story
- Using video to heighten the emotion in the room
- Laying out your overall event story
- Event story themes
- Using stories to get sponsors
- Using stories to steward your event donors
This track focuses on telling stories face-to-face with donors and potential donors. Learn about:
- Using stories to start conversations
- Major donor storytelling
- Using stories to help make a powerful ask
- Better leadership through storytelling
- How to tap into your donor’s story
- Donor happiness and the role of stories
- Using stories to get donor referrals
Direct mail storytelling
This track focuses on using stories to engage donors in your newsletters, appeal letters, and other direct mail communications. Learn about:
- Using stories to get people to read your direct mail
- Using stories to increasing newsletter revenue
- The key ingredient to your story that increases donations
- How to start your story in print and finish it online
- How to know what stories to tell in print
- Using visual storytelling in print
Super specialized storytelling
Are you feeling up to a challenge? Or want some ultra-specific training? Learn about:
- Using stories to segment your donors
- Automating your storytelling to continually attract and engage donors
- Grants and the use of storytelling
and much more…