Deadline: March 15, 2016 | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: Citizens of non EU countries
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship
International students are invited for Romanian Government scholarships available for citizens of non EU countries. Up to 85 scholarships are awarded for undergraduate and postgraduate studies in Romania. The monthly amount is granted to the students of the 1st (licenta) and 2nd (master) cycle throughout the whole academic year. The winter and spring vacation are included, but not the summer vacation. For full-time students of the 3rd cycle (doctorate), the monthly amount is granted throughout the whole calendar year.
Romanian Government Scholarships 2016
Eligibility: Citizens of non EU countries (irrespective of their country of residence) are welcome to apply for the Romanian Government Scholarships. Priority is given to citizens from non EU states with which Romania does not have cultural and education cooperation agreements. Note that foreign citizens of Romanian origin and those belonging to the neighboring historic Romanian communities benefit from other scholarship programmes offered by the Romanian state.
Priority fields: priority will be given to the candidates applying for: political and administrative sciences, education studies, Romanian culture and civilization, journalism, technical studies, oil and gas, agricultural studies, veterinary medicine, architecture, music, arts.
- Free-of-charge tuition,
- Free-of-charge accommodation (depending on availability, accommodation will be offered free-of-charge in students hostels, in keeping with the higher education regulations and within the limits of the sums available for this purpose),
- Financial support – a monthly amount representing : the equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for the under-graduate students (1st cycle), the equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle, RI737126839CN the equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for post graduate students (doctor’s degree) 3rd cycle.
- These scholarships do not cover food, international and local transport. The candidates must be prepared to support personally any other additional expenses.
To get all the necessary information about the Romanian Government Scholarships (conditions, necessary documents, enrollment calendar) and to submit their application files, the candidates should apply directly to:
- the Romanian diplomatic missions accredited to the candidate’s country of origin or of residence or to
- the diplomatic mission of candidate’s state of origin accredited to Bucharest
- Application files submitted by post or directly to the MFA or to the MECS, as well as application files received after the announced deadline will not be taken into consideration.
- Applications files should contain documents in English or French language.
- If the application files contain documents in other foreign languages than English or French, they must be accompanied by authorized translations in one of the following languages: Romanian, English or French. Generally, Romanian universities may require that all enrollment documents should be accompanied by authorized copies and authorized translations in Romanian. It is of utmost importance to fill in correctly all forms.
For more business and career opportunities, check our opportunities section and subscribe to our weekly newsletters.