Date: The internship starts in Summer 2017 | Apply here
Eligibility: Pursuing a B.A. / B.S. degree or equivalent from accredited university
Accounting or Finance major
Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
Location: Boston, The United States
RSM Risk Advisory Services Consulting Internship
You want your next step to be the right one. You’ve worked hard to get where you are today. And now you’re ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things.
At RSM, you’ll be valued as an individual while interning with the firm. The company recognizes your accomplishments and unique potential, and mentor you as a future leader.
By working directly with key decision makers—both inside and outside the firm—you’ll move quickly along the learning curve to jump-start your career in consulting.
Your internship experience
- Orientation and training – You will be prepared for your client service role through a combination of formal and informal training.
- Hands-on experience – You will have the opportunity to see a variety of clients and work directly with key decision makers and company owners.
- Events – From lunch-and-learn workshops to sporting events or community service projects, you will gather with their peers and co-workers to develop both personally and professionally.
Risk Advisory Services Consulting Intern
As a Risk Advisory Services Consulting Intern at RSM, you will work with various sized businesses in diverse industries and receive hands-on client experience with direct access to business owners and executive management.
Working on numerous team engagements per year, you will be involved in a variety of challenging assignments with guidance from experienced consultants – and you will feel a great sense of accomplishment when you are done.
RSM’s Risk Advisory Services Consulting Group provides value-added risk assessment services to clientele and you will have the ability to be exposed to a wide variety of industries and clients.
Examples of projects include internal audits, compliance work and financial reporting control projects intended to provide senior management of the clients with timely information on business operations and methods to mitigate potential risks.
Examples of the candidate’s responsibilities include:
- Meeting with clients and conducting business consulting projects
- Preparing reports on consulting services performed for clients; delivering reports where appropriate and discussing results and recommendations with clients
- Travelling to client locations as requested to provide consulting services
- Completing client projects effectively and efficiently and maintaining a high level of proficiency
- Attending appropriate professional meetings and conferences and reading publications to maintain and expand professional knowledge as a business Consultant
- Pursuing a B.A. / B.S. degree or equivalent from accredited university
- Accounting or Finance major
- Travel to assigned client locations is required. Must have access to and ability to arrange for use of reliable modes of transportation to those locations
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Motivated to work in a fast-paced environment
- Client focused
- Ability to multitask
Experience RSM. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential.
Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you’ll move quickly along the learning curve and the clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.