Deadline: July 14, 2017 | Apply here
Dates: September 28 – October 1, 2017
Eligibility: Nationals and residents of the following countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Greece, Kosovo, Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Macedonia and Cyprus;
Age required between 20-32 years old at the time of submitting the application
SEE Peace Fellowship 2017
Have you felt like you wanted to change the world, but you do not know where to start? Have you felt like you want to change yourself, but you keep procrastinating and not allowing your ‘better self’ to emerge? Are you willing to be the change you want to see and to find peace within yourself and in your society?
If yes, congratulations, this opportunity is just for you.
You are living in the South East European (SEE) region which is as complex as it is diverse. And you can start with yourself building peace within and sharing it in your community and your country. Your own inner peace will influence this mix of cultures, religions, ethnicities and different languages, the region we call South East Europe.
Apply for SEE Peace Fellowship today and you shall inspire people for peace tomorrow.
- To empower young people to become change-makers
- To bring young leaders and activists from the SEE region together for future cooperation
- To strengthen an active network of young peace-builders in the region
- To promote tools of peace building that can be applied to all cultures, religions and professions
- To provide the participants with the tools to inner peace and leadership skills through mindfulness, self-discipline and compassion
- To explore the idea that self-development and inner peace as a core foundation of sustainable world peace
- To grow together and become active citizens for building change from within in your communities
The fellowship will include interactive activities, meditation & yoga sessions, lectures and discussions providing the participants with new skills for non-violent resistance, peace education, enhanced creativity and stress-management.
Participants will have a chance to explore meditation as a practice which can cultivate skills to deal with challenges within peace-building and youth work, which makes this course different from others.
Meditations and lectures will be delivered by a Teaching Monk and meditation trainers. Please note that the teaching monk is not a religious figure but one of the mentors. This is a religion-free event and we welcome people with any religious background or without it to participate.
The SEE Peace Fellowship covers:
- Meditation sessions and lectures fee
- Yoga Classes
The SEE Peace Fellowship DOES NOT Cover:
- International transportation to Serbia
- Local transportation within the country
- Personal expenses
Who should apply?
- Young leaders involved in their communities and who believe that our role in peace is crucial
- Open-minded and positive young people who are searching for the right tools to cultivate inner peace and mindfulness in their daily lives