Deadline: January 19, 2018 00:00 GMT
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game] | Register here
Eligibility: participation in the Competition is open to any person who is 18 years old or more and is currently studying a full time or part time undergraduate or postgraduate, excluding those studying for Phd or MPhil degrees
Prize: Each member of the finalist teams will fly to Make The Future, London and receive a personalized medal and certificate of completion.
Shell Ideas360 Competition 2018
Shell Ideas360 is more than a global competition that connects students to develop ideas to tackle the pressures on the world’s Food, Water and Energy Resources.
It’s an exciting journey of learning and discovery. Collaborate with like-minded innovators, Shell experts and mentors to expand your horizons.
Shell Ideas360 invites you to become part of an international community of like-minded students and learn skills that will be invaluable for your studies and future career
- The chance to win an Adventure of a lifetime
- All ideas submitted to Shell Ideas360 have the chance to be considered for their innovation incubator
- If you reach the later stages of the competition, you’ll have the support and guidance of Shell experts and mentors
- Finalists will be flown to the UK, in July 2018 to present their final ideas
- You will also meet an exclusive group of business and thought leaders
Each Individual Participant and Team Participant that submits an idea in the Competition will receive 3 months subscription to the print and digital edition of WIRED magazine
Each Individual Participant and Team Participant selected to progress to Stage 2 of the Competition will receive a year’s subscription to the print and digital edition of National Geographic magazine. A one-year subscription includes 12 monthly issues with the print and iPad/iPhone editions of National Geographic magazine
The Individual Participant or each Team Participant in the Team selected as the winner of the Competition will win an adventure to be taken during the university summer vacation period in 2018. The adventure will be chosen by the winner from a shortlist of 5 expeditions selected by the Promoter. The prize is subject to acceptance by the Individual Participant/each Team
- Participants can participate as an individual
- The maximum number of students per team is 3
- Participants must be a member of one team only
- Team members can be from different Universities/countries as long as each team member meets the eligibility criteria
- Team members can be from different academic years as long as each team member meets the eligibility criteria
- Any institution which has been granted the authority to award degrees by the relevant national government, recognised body or accredited association
- Each participant/team will be required to nominate a member of academic staff who will act as a University Sponsor. This person must be identified when submitting an initial idea and be a member of the academic staff of one of the participant’s Universities