Deadline: Ongoing | Apply here
Eligibility: BSc, MSc or MBA in an Accounting, Finance or Business related study field
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Tesla Cost Accounting Internship 2018
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable transportation and electricity consumption by designing and manufacturing electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Based in California, Tesla employs more than 13,000 people across four continents and manufactures cars at its factory in Fremont, California. Tesla is currently constructing the Gigafactory–the world’s largest lithium-ionon battery factory–in Sparks, Nevada, and have begun production of Tesla Energy battery storage products.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. The company’s world-class teams operate with a non-conventional product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels.
You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone; you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what the company is trying to do too difficult.
Tesla prides itself on the amazing and important mission it has as a company, namely to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. Delivering a first-class product means we need to get the best people to do the job and just get it done.
As it is growing at a ludicrous speed the company has less resources than work, so you will have to push yourself. Therefore, the drive behind growth is the people, because the goal is to be competitive and to be the best in all that we do.
The internship assignment
As an intern for our Cost Accounting Team you will contribute in supporting Tesla in the EMEA Region from a financial perspective. You will have the chance to work in a highly specialized, fast paced cross functional environment, where you can acquire various new skill set experiences.
You will be performing and improving processes aimed at monitoring and analyzing standard costs, inventory write-offs and general cost adjustments. Furthermore you will carry out continuous supporting cost analysis for Tesla’s EU supply chain activities, for example Freight, rework and PDI costs and other business units such as Tesla Energy.
- Practical experience in using process improvement methods
- Successfully implement suggested improvements
- Combine data from different sources to provide and present a meaningful analysis
- Pooling together analytical skills and connect them to on field business activities
- Obtaining an understanding of workflows and how they relate to financial movements
- Bsc, Msc or MBA in an Accounting, Finance or Business related study field
- Preferred prior Tableau experience
- Preferred experience with Microsoft AX dynamics or similar financial reporting package
- Analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Capable of compromising and presenting raw data
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel