Deadline: August 11, 2023 05:00 GMT-0700
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]| Nominate here
Eligibility: individuals as well as public and private organizations are eligible for consideration. Nominations from all parts of the world are welcomed and encouraged.
Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement 2023
The John and Alice Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement is awarded for scientific work on the environment, energy, and health, resulting in important benefits for humanity.
The Prize is endowed by gifts from the John and Alice Tyler Charitable Trusts, and awardees are chosen annually by the Executive Committee.
Recipients of the Tyler Prize are honored in an illustrious ceremony, presented with the Tyler Prize medallion, and awarded USD$250,000.
Subscribe to AlphaGamma!
Receive the latest articles, news, events, business & career opportunities to your inbox!
Recognizing excellence in environmental contributions
- Protection, maintenance, improvement, or understanding of an ecological or an environmental condition
- Discovery, development, or improvement of sustainable sources of energy
- Understanding of, or improvements to, planetary health
Persons or organizations making nominations should be knowledgeable about how their nominee’s accomplishments fit with the criteria above and will be asked a series of questions that can answer these criteria.
Nominated work is expected to:
- Be based on strong science, including natural and, or social sciences
- Address global inequalities
- Demonstrate measurable/scalable impacts on an environmental issue, policy, or practice
- Demonstrate engagement with the younger generation
Interested in nominating for the Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement 2023? Register your nomination by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.