Deadline: June 29, 2018 00:00 (CEST)| Apply here
Eligibility: Anyone from around the world, aged between 18 and 35 (as of 29 June 2018)
Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards 2018
The Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards are all about supporting and celebrating inspirational young people from all over the world with existing initiatives, products or services that are tackling some of the planet’s biggest sustainability challenges.
Unilever believes the world will only succeed in delivering the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals if we all start to think and work differently. That means a real shift towards meaningful partnerships and collaboration across the whole range of players – from governments to NGOs, and big businesses to start-ups. Imagine what we can achieve together.
If you’ve got an initiative, product or service already in action that’s tackling a sustainability problem, or you know someone else whose brilliant work deserves recognition, we want to hear from you. This year, the Awards will recognise initiatives in eight key areas.
So, if you are working on an innovative and scalable technology or initiative – or know someone who is – which is contributing to one or more of these eight categories, then you are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Zero Hunger: Sustainable Development Goal 2 aims to end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture.
- Good Health and Well-being: Sustainable Development Goal 3 aims to ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all, at all ages.
- Quality Education: Sustainable Development Goal 4 aims to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education for all, and promote lifelong learning.
- Gender Equality: Sustainable Development Goal 5 aims to achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
- Clean Water and Sanitation: Sustainable Development Goal 6 aims to ensure access to water and sanitation for all.
- Decent Work and Economic Growth: Sustainable Development Goal 8 is all about promoting inclusive and sustainable economic growth, and employment and decent work for all.
- Responsible Consumption and Production: Sustainable Development Goal 12 aims to ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- Climate Action: Sustainable Development Goal 13 aims to take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
About the prizes
The Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards will recognise up to eight winners, including the HRH Prize Winner, in 2018.
The eight winners will be selected from a rigorous assessment process led by The University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership, culminating in video interviews with our finalist selection panels.
- All eight winners will be invited to an Accelerator Programme in Cambridge, before making their final pitches in person to a guest judging panel who will decide on the HRH Prize Winner of the 2018 competition.
- Winners will have a chance to practice their pitches during the Accelerator in Cambridge where they will work with experts from the University of Cambridge, Unilever and other inspirational speakers and guests.
- All winners will attend a special prize event hosted in London.
- The overall winner will receive the ‘HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize,’ a €50,000 cash award and one-to-one mentoring support tailored to their specific needs for a duration of 12 months.
- The remaining winners will each receive a €8,500 cash award and one-to-one mentoring support tailored to their specific needs for a duration of 12 months.
Interested in applying for the Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards 2018? Register your participation by following the application link and taking the suggested steps.